Senior Grants Operation Manager
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Senior Grants Operation Management has overall responsibility for the leadership and management of all WVT major grants funded by various Donors and Private Non Sponsorship funding. He/sheprovides supervision and support to Grants Project managers/Coordinators to ensure all Grants projects are implemented in time, target and budget and; in full compliance with donor requirements.
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
% Time Major Activities
45% Strategic Leadership and Management of Grants.
- Responsible for the overall planning, implementation and management of the WVT Grants as well as the achievement of the goals and objectives of relevant grants in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Ensures World Vision Tanzania grants portfolio is implemented according to the project management cycle while ensuring all activities are implemented on time target and budget
- Ensure strong communication and coordination with all team members as a means to effectively achieve grants specific objectives
- In working with relevant Grants Project Managers (International and National staff), lead the planning implementation of relevant activities and set high quality performance targets ensuring adherence to technical standards, best practices and donor guidelines.
- Ensure grant management compliance in alignment with donor and WV regulations.
- Primary point of contact and collaboration for the team and in-country stakeholders, including donor in-country assigned contact personnel, implementation partners, government partners and other key stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain and adequate human resource plan to ensure proper technical capacity to manage project work.
- Ensure low risk audits for the projects.
- Working under the guidance of the Operations Director, work closely with Technical Program Managers, Grants Acquisition Manager, Regional Operations Managers, Project Managers, Finance and Supply Chain teams on all grants related tasks, specifically focused on grants compliance.
- Lead the organization and follow-up of grant opening meetings, grant review meetings, and grant close out meetings.
- Ensure appropriate monitoring of program activities, work plans, program quality in collaboration with Project Managers by helping to develop tools and organizing review meetings and ensuring follow-up actions are identified and circulated as part of documentation.
- Offer technical guidance on WVT and donor regulations to ensure compliance within program implementation and reporting. Manage compliance issues with program staff, finance staff and Operations Director as necessary, seeking support from all stakeholders including but limited to relevant support offices.
- Establish and maintain effective grants project reporting, evaluation, and communication systems in alignment to specific donor requirement and WVT standards.
- In collaboration with M&E. ensure that the Grant Recipient(s) develops results, indicators and targets as well as an annual work plan, which reflect the objectives of the grants program.
- Ensure proper operational opening and closing of the assigned grants as well as monitoring and evaluation of programmatic progress. Disseminate project follow- up reports to guide timely action.
- Work closely with the M&E Manager to develop and maintain program monitoring and evaluation tracking tools to ensure all project indicators report clear linkage of activities to intended outputs and outcomes and that the level of change is clearly tracked.
- Coordinate the Grants M&E and Finance Manager to ensure that donor reports (both financial and narrative) are generated and sent out to the relevant donor in time.
- Document and disseminate project best practices, lessons learnt and success stories
- Mentors, supports and develops the capacities of staff, partners and grantees on financial monitoring, record keeping and grants management using relevant donor data report formats and validation methods.
- Provides technical assistance to Grants Project managers, partners and grantees as required on budget development with a focus on maximizing cost recovery and aligning budgets to donor guidelines.
- Leads in development of project managers and partners capacity development plan and ensures its full implementation and tracks the success its.
- Builds capacity of project manager and grants staff in WV grants management certification such as Gate Way to Grants etc
NEW JOB OPPORTUNITIES (2,816+ POSTS)
10% Grants reporting
- Coordinate Project Managers and Finance managers to prepare narrative program reports in accordance with donor designated formats as required. Ensure that draft reports disseminated for review and feedback by senior management team, relevant technical advisors, and Support Office staff prior to submitting the final report to donor.
- Submit timely accurate and quality reports that meet donor requirements
- Prepare and update grants country program and specific sectoral information sheets. Provide relevant communications information as necessary for dissemination to donors, support office and media.
- In collaboration with Compliance and reporting officer, maintain grants and report tracking system to ensure all grant files are organized and well managed for planning and preparation of donor reports and project monitoring.
- Share lessons learned with WVT leadership, staff and donors from different projects to enhance local planning and implementation, and suggest modifications that might be necessary at the local level based on evidence and lessons learnt.
- Work closely with Grants and acquisition department to appraise them on grants implementation information that can be useful for prepositioning of new grants as well as follow on grants.
- Ensure that all WVT grants manage grant/project budgets within approved spending levels and ensure accurate and timely financial reports to donors and World Vision.
- In working with Grants Project Managers ensure grant/project expenses are reasonable, allocated as per assigned budget, prudent and spent in accordance with donor rules and regulations to ensure low risk audits
- Ensure Support Offices and donor queries and requests are effectively, timely and effective way.
- Contribute to the processes of creating linkages with other partners and where appropriate represent the projects and WVT
NEW JOB OPPORTUNITIES (2,816+ POSTS)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Minimum education, training and experience requirements to qualify for the position:
List academic requirements (if applicable), technical skills, or other knowledge required as a minimum qualification for this position.
- Post graduate qualification in international relations, NGO Management, International Development, Project Management or other relevant field;
- At least five years of INGO field experience in a similar position: grant management, proposal development (program narratives and budgets) and donor reporting.
- Extensive knowledge of UN, US, EU (ECHO/ EC) and UK (DFID) donor regulations, procedures and requirements
- Demonstrated experience in project management cycle is desired.
- Excellent written and spoken English essential
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to determine priorities and attention to detail a must
- Ability to work in a multicultural context as a flexible and respectful team player
- Willingness to travel to the field as and when needed
- High-level of knowledge and practice with Word, Excel, Outlook, etc. required
- Work in a multisectoral/ multicultural team- patience, cultural sensitivity and application of contextual understanding in day to day work
- Ability to work with tight deadlines for information needs
License, registration, or certification required to perform this position:
If applicable, include language requirement(s)as a minimum qualification for this position.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
List academic requirements, technical skills or other knowledgepreferred for this position.
List additional work experiencepreferred for this position.
Technical Skills & Abilities:
- Computer skills.
- Demonstrated ability in supervising teams
- Grant Acquisition
- Experience in working with donor funds
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff
Include travel & work environment details.
Complete Travel and/or Work Environment statements if applicable.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically up to 30% of the time and occasionally internationally.
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Perform other duties as required.
While all 13 core capabilities are expected of the role, to help the recruiters conduct more effective screening and interviewing of prospective candidates, please select the level for which they will interview. Then, identify a maximum of 3-4 priority core capabilities that are the most critical for this position.
Select one level. For older versions of Microsoft Word, double-click the checkbox, and then click “Checked” in order to select the checkbox.
NEW JOB OPPORTUNITIES (2,816+ POSTS)
Select 3-4 priority core capabilities that are the most critical for this position.
☒Achieving quality results & service.
☐Practisingaccountability & integrity.
☒Communicating information effectively.
☒Thinking clearly, deeply & broadly.
☒Understanding the Humanitarian Industry.
☒Practicing innovation & change.
☒Demonstrating Christ-centred life & work.
☐Learning for growth & development.
☐Maintaining work/life balance & effectiveness.
☐Building collaborative relationships.
☒Practicing gender & cultural diversity.
☐Influencing individuals & groups.
☐Understanding World Vision’s mission & operations.
Deadline: 17th October, 2020