Position: Project Officer
Duty station Zanzibar (TZA)
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
Start date Immediate
Duration 12 months with possibility of extension
Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Description of task
- Under the direct supervision of the chief of Policy, Legislation and Governance section the NUNV will undertake the following tasks:
- Collect, analyze and present information gathered from diverse sources to enhance the knowledge base on Urban Policy and urban-rural linkages (URL) in order to strengthen tools already developed by the PLGS and also to work with the PLGS team in the further development of new tools to support the Zanzibar project
- Contribute to the development and implementation of training and capacity development tools and packages related to on urban policy and urban-rural linkages, and engage with the PLGS team to develop systems and platforms in order to facilitate the exchange of good practices and peer to peer learning between Zanzibar and other project countries
- Develop and adapt data collection tools, methodologies in the subject of urban-rural linkages and urban policy in Zanzibar/Tanzania
- Assist in organizing local meetings and workshops related to urban policy and urban-rural linkages, with the aim of identifying and addressing training needs and demand by working with local stakeholders
- Contribute and assist in preparing and reviewing concept notes, project proposals, reports, background papers, analytical notes and give inputs to publications, including awareness materials, technical tools, case studies, etc in the context of Zanzibar and Tanzania
- Assist in ensuring an effective and efficient execution of projects and programmes in Zanzibar (Tanzania) by providing appropriate technical support through project design and implementation, field visits, training and evaluation, organization of meetings and other events, reporting, coordination and monitoring activities
- Undertake on-the-job or online specific trainings (including through seminar and conference) to enhance knowledge, delivery and performance;
- Explore other funding opportunities
- Support Covid19-related efforts pertaining to the project implementation or development
- Liaise with the UN system in Tanzania
- Undertake other relevant duties to advance the work of the Section, Branch and the Agency.
NEW JOB OPPORTUNITIES (1,616+ POSTS)
Required degree level: Bachelor degree or equivalent
Education - Additional Comments:
University degree in a relevant field, preferably in the area of urban and regional planning, political analyst, urban/public policy, urban and rural development, social science, environmental management, architecture or related international development fields
Required experience: 24 Months
- Minimum of 2 years of progressively responsible professional work experience in development
- Highest strategic thinking and creative thinking skills
- Has highest-level communication skills, including engaging and informative public speaking.
- Has highest people skills, and able to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Strong writing skills
- Sound experience in proposal writing
- Strong presentation skills and ability to organize and moderate workshops
- Ability to understand and use web-based applications and platforms especially for data collection
- Good familiarity with basic computer programmes
- Experience living or working in Zanzibar is desirable
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Area of expertise: Architecture and urban planning
Area of expertise details:
Driving license: No
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Empowering Others, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Judgement and Decision-making, Knowledge Sharing, Leadership, Managing Performance, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, Vision, Working in Teams
NEW JOB OPPORTUNITIES (1,616+ POSTS)
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink.
Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at
https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 28 September, 2020
Volunteer opportunity PDF