THE UNITED AFRICAN UNIVERSITY OF TANZANIA (UAUT) is a private institution of Higher Learning Institution founded by the Registered Trustees of Korea Church Mission (KCM), with the objective of alleviating poverty and promoting growth through raising Tanzanian Christian leaders who are equipped with excellence in wisdom, knowledge and Christian virtues.
The responsibility of the day to day
running of UAUT is vested upon the University Council with the Vice
Chancellor as the main link between the Board of Trustees and University
Council. UAUT obtained The Certificate of Full Registration (CFR) from
Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) since 2012.
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
The following vacant positions are available for application at UAUT below....
Director Of Quality Assurance & Control (1 POSITION)
QA Director Qualifications/Skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Analytic skills
- Collaboration skills
- Product management skills
- QA process skills
- Computer knowledge and skills
Education and Experience Requirements:
- PhD in appropriate discipline (education qualification preferred)
- Experience with QA measuring and testing equipment
- Three to five years’ experience as QA officer
- Knowledge of health & safety requirements and legal standards
- Working knowledge of quality system requirements
- Experience with MS Word, Excel, Project Management and Analytics software
- Development of a quality assurance policy
- Supervising the overall implementation of the Quality Assurance and Control policy of UAUT in conformance with Standards and Guidelines for University Education in Tanzania issued by TCU.
- Ensuring and controlling the quality of academic delivery at UAUT at all stages, including admission, course delivery, assessment, staffing and infrastructures as per UAUT policies and guidelines.
- Spearheading and coordinating internal self-evaluation of both academic and support provisions in the University;
- Analysis of self-evaluation reports and identification of issues arising thereof that need attention for improvement and conduct self-assessment programs that have completed their cycle and develop a self-assessment manual
- Facilitation of external evaluation of the University and accreditation of academic programmes by statutory and accreditation bodies;
- Monitoring implementation of recommendations arising from internal and external evaluations and moderations;
- Planning and overseeing the training of new and existing staff in Quality Assurance and Control Policies and Procedures.
- Preparing and coordinating periodic induction workshop for new members of offices of the university in collaboration with DVC (ARC) and DVC (FA).
- Conduct annual evaluation of the University’s Strategic Plan
- Preparation of check lists of procedures for performance evaluation and set up a Quality Assurance Implementation Committee
- Keep stakeholders: staff, students and regulators well informed of the provisions for QA, evaluation results, efforts made and recommendations periodically
- Analyze past accreditation reports of the University and highlight areas of remediation preparatory for next exercise
- Monitor and assess quality, adequacy and currency of facilities and resources in Colleges and Departments
- Monitor and ensure compliance to academic brief, staff student ratio, quality and mix, teaching and research quality and administer and analyze results of teaching Portfolio Instruction
- Develop a blueprint for the systemic development of the University and update criteria and format for assessing teaching quality and effectiveness through peer group and student review
- Ensure and oversee development of Instructional Technology and participate in the review of academic programme curricular of the University and evaluation of proposal for new academic programmes
- Participate in the preparation of the University’s Annual Budget and organize regular capacity building and skill acquisition for academic and non-academic staff; and
- Carry out all other duties assigned by the Vice-Chancellor.
A: In the College of Business Studies
Associate Professor (1 Position) – re-advertised
- Holders of PhD and a GPA of 3.5 (Upper Second class) or above at Bachelor degree and 4.0 or above for Master degree majoring in Accounting/Finance/, International Business, Marketing and other related field.
- At least 4 years of teaching experiences after attaining PhD.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and supervise undergraduate research.
- Demonstration of actual experience in application of course material to real life situations
- Ability to apply specialist knowledge and skills to the resolution of problems in the society.
- Ability to remain current in his/her field through active consulting and continuing education
- Providing leadership role to the University
- Participating in the establishment of research hubs and resource centre
- Disseminating research findings to appropriate stakeholders
- Any other relevant duties that may be assigned by the management
A: IN THE DIRECTORATE OF QUALITY ASSURANCE & CONTROL
- The overall objective of quality assurance at UAUT is to provide guidance in development and implementation of internal and external quality assurance procedures and practices such as to:
- Mainstream quality in planning, implantation and evaluation at all levels in adherence with TCU’s Standards & Guidelines for University Education in Tanzania;
- Provide a framework for ensuring quality delivery of academic programs and other services;
- Propel UAUT to greater achievement in development of knowledge, technology, and scholarly attainment; and
- Contribute towards enhanced application of knowledge, technology and scholarship to solve current and emerging societal problems in the pursuit of UAUT’s national, regional and international development goals.
Please Send your detailed application pack with CV, Cover letter, Certificates (PDF) and Testimonials if any to; firstname.lastname@example.org, copy to email@example.com and visit our website www.uaut.ac.tz
Deadline 21st September 2020.