Human Resources Officer Jobs
Search for Common Ground (SFCG)Responsible for coordination of Swahili Coast human resource activities in the areas of recruitment, remuneration and benefits administration, employee relations, training and development, performance management, employee data management and local HR policy formulation and implementation.
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for administration and implementation of global HR practices that support the global strategy
- In coordination with Regional HR, responsible for the design and administration of local adaptation of organizational HR policies, information dissemination, and compliance
- Ensures that all contractual services (staffing, consultancies and other services) are in compliance with local labor laws and organizational HR policy; responsible for regulatory compliance (i.e., work permits, visas) and administration
- Responsible for coordination of recruitment processes to include workforce planning vacancy management, application, and selection process, staff onboarding and personnel records management
- Provides consultation in staff disciplinary process in order to ensure compliance with organizational standards; primary advisor to management on appropriate actions for prevention and response to employment-related legal concerns
- Provide consultation for employee grievance program, ensuring issues are managed within organizational policy and local labor regulations.
- Responsible for building staff capacities through administration and management of training and development programs
- Responsible for planning, coordinating and administering organization’s remuneration policy, assist in the administration of local competitive market information and implementation of rewards programs
- Responsible for local coordination and administration of job management program (job classifications, salary structures, etc.); provides analysis and reporting for regional requirements.
- Administers the organization initiated and government-mandated benefit programs and plan administration; monitors utilization, provides staff communications/counsel, serves as liaison with vendors and provides analysis and consultation on plan design
- Responsible for implementation and coordination of organizational performance management process; ensure annual goal setting, routine performance feedback for staff, year-end appraisals completion and regional reporting
- Provide support in the preparation of monthly payroll, ensuring maintenance of updated information on staff salaries, allowances and income-tax calculations and ensuring compliance with organizational policy, local laws, and regulations
- As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
NEW JOB OPPORTUNITIES (1,316+ POSTS)
NEW JOB OPPORTUNITIES (1,316+ POSTS)
Skills & Competencies
- Degree in human resource management, organizational development, or relevant discipline, local HR certification preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- 5+ years of experience as a human resource professional, preferably in a multi-cultural environment
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills in English; fluency in Kiswahili preferred
- Good understanding of local employment laws and other government statutory requirements
- Prior experience with Human Resource Information Management systems (data management and reporting)
- Proficiency in relevant computer applications (spreadsheet, database, accounting operations software, project management software, presentation software)
- Demonstrated high-level interpersonal and cross-cultural skills including the ability to build collaborative relationships internally and externally with sensitivity to cultural, ethnic, social, and political issues.
- Working with People: The ability to respect the views and contributions of other team members; shows empathy, listens, supports; consults others and shares information and expertise, builds team spirit, and adapts to the team.
- Flexibility: The ability to adapt to changing circumstances and priorities, to tolerate ambiguity, to adapt personal style to different people and situations.
- Drive for Results and Efficiency: The ability to set quality standards, monitor and maintain quality of work, and set goals to achieve continuous improvement.
- Relationship Management: The ability to manage interactions, to provide service, and to support the organization while building an effective internal and external network.
- Leadership and Navigation: The ability to manage and contribute to initiatives and processes within the organization while making progress toward change and continuous improvement.
- Communication: The ability to effectively exchange information with others, to effectively deliver critical information, to gather information, and communicate with others.
- Global and Cultural Effectiveness: The ability to value and consider the perspectives and backgrounds of all parties and be able to work cross-culturally.
- Ethical Practice: The ability to integrate Search vision, mission and core values, integrity, and accountability throughout all organizational and business practices.
- Business Acumen: The ability to understand and apply information to contribute to the organization's strategic plan.
- Developing others (for people manager): The ability to provide support to enhance performance and professional growth.