International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a member of a
world-wide network of International Agricultural Research Centers.
IITA’s research focuses on smallholder cropping systems in sub-Saharan
Africa. IITA has a regional hub in Dar es Salaam,Tanzania which
co-ordinates the work of the institute in East Africa.
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
This is a Nationally Recruited Position and the incumbent will be based in Dar es Salaam,Tanzania
- Document and communicate news, updates and stories from various projects for wider dissemination and contribute to the various IITA communications tools including blog, web and bulletin.
- Monitor and archive stories in the print and news media in Tanzania that cite IITA.
- Provide editorial and communication support and documentation of project activities.
- Support the production and dissemination of communication materials on IITA” s technologies and success stories through writing features, press releases, production of books, training manuals, posters etc.
- Support planning and implementing information campaigns organized to promote IITA’s generated findings and knowledge as needed.
- Contribute to the dissemination of knowledge and experiences of the project through participation in related events such as field visits, training and workshops.
- Perform any other activities as may be assigned by the Regional Corporate Communications Officer, Eastern Africa.
Bachelor’s Degree in Communication with at least 3 years’ experience or a Post Graduate Diploma in Communications or Journalism or a related field from a recognized university.
- Ability to conceptualize, design and implement communication campaigns, strategies and programs.
- Very good knowledge of oral and written English.
- Communication and facilitation ‘generalist’ – editing, writing, policy communication, community engagement, Internet tools and skills, information management, process facilitation, reporting and administration.
- Experience in working with different national media.
- Excellent knowledge of modern communication tools and approaches, and solid experience in knowledge management, including ICT and web 2.0 tools applications like wiki, Flickr, slideshare, Yammer, Youtube, Dropbox and blogging.
- Self-starter able to work on agreed priorities and deliverables.
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills in an international environment.
- Good knowledge of the agricultural development scene.
The duration of contract for the position is two years. This is a nationally recruited position and IITA offers a competitive remuneration package.
Applications including curriculum vitae, copies of certificates, telephone number, email address, and names and addresses of two referees should be sent to the Country Representative, IITA-Tanzania, Plot No. 25, Mwenge – Coca-Cola Road, Mikocheni Industrial Area P.O. Box 34441, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania or by email to IITA-Tanzania@cgiar.org
Closing date: 09 April, 2020.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.