Location: Dar es Salaam
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
GardaWorld is currently recruiting for the position of Finance Director (FD). The Finance Director, Tanzania will provide leadership and coordination of financial and fiscal planning, treasury, and budget management functions for the Tanzanian business and ensure accounting procedures and reporting conform to generally accepted accounting principles.
Finance Director Job Responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with all financial statutory reporting requirements.
- Effectively lead the Tanzania finance team in a pro-active manner, ensuring daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports are finalized according to parent company instructions and deadlines.
- Implementing and maintaining the CoA as well as P&L and Balance Sheet formats.
- Analysis and evaluation of monthly accounts, reviewing actual performance against budget and forecast, identifying trends and highlighting variances, providing accurate management information.
- Preparation, analysis and reconciliation of monthly books of accounts and GL, including audit file, as well as confirming inter-company balances and recharge allocations.
- Manage bank accounts (opening / closing, new deposits, transfers etc.) and analyse weekly cash flow reports.
- Prepare consolidated monthly and ad hoc reports for the Tanzania business, to be sent to the Finance Director, East Africa.
- Manage the preparation and reporting of annual and quarterly budgets as well as monthly re-forecasting.
- Management of Accounts Receivables, implementing effective credit control and collection measures to ensure that cash flow is maximized.
- Review and evaluate financial policies and procedures and implement enhancements to maximize control.
- Adhere to all national, state, local and international tax laws. Manage the retention and preparation of tax records, tax returns and other required reports.
- Establish procedures for custody and control of assets, records, loan collateral, and securities, in order to ensure safekeeping.
- Ensure compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements including, but not limited to, Tax, IFRS, the Company’s Act, etc.
- Liaise directly with the auditors and prepare information as requested from Parent Company auditors as and when required, also liaise with the Legal department as and when necessary.
- Work closely with the Finance Director, East Africa and assist with any ad hoc duties as required.
- Responsible for payroll.
Requirements for the Finance Director Job
- The preferred candidate for this position is a fully qualified accountant with CPA/ACCA/CA/CIMA or equivalent, with a Degree in Accounting, Finance or any related field from a well-respected university.
- The preferred candidate should have a minimum 5 years’ experience in similar role in a major company or division of a large corporation.
- The preferred candidate should have the ability to self-start and run a finance operation in a hands-on way.
- The candidate should have the ability to analyze and report financial data and to communicate this clearly within the organization and to Senior Leadership; has the experience of contract
- negotiation, contract management and associated procedures.
- The candidate should be detail-oriented and have the ability to put in place the required processes for cost control and management; have experience of employment law and employment contracts; a collaborative worker.
- Complete familiarity with conventional accounting tools (e.g NAV) and the ability to drive appropriate financial IT solutions for the organization are required.
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role by 17th February 2020. To apply and see a full a job description, please visit our website through the link below: