Application deadline 10 february 2020
HOW TO REGISTER COOPERATIVE IN TANZANIA
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
- You should hold a formation of the cooperative society meeting. The start-up cooperative members must be at least enough to form a Society Board in a full cooperative, they should therefore not be less than five people.
- In the meeting you will discuss and come up/ agree to the following;
- a) the type of society to be formed and determine its name and objects
- Thereafter, you should write a letter of intent to form a co-operative society to the District Cooperative Officer (DCO) requesting to be registered as a pre-cooperative society indicating their intention to do so.
- The members should then arrange for meeting that must be chaired by the District Cooperative Officer (DCO).
- The meeting is set in order for cooperative members to elect a Formation Board with a Chairman and a Secretary.
JOBS OPPORTUNITIES AT CHAWAKIM COOPERATIVE SOCIETY LIMITED DOWNLOAD PDF BELOW
- After election, the Formation Board should:
- Decide on the type of society to be formed, prepare by-laws for the society and assess founder members level of business.
- Look in to the future and estimate number of future members and levels of business to be done by the society in future.
- Carryout a feasibility study and prepare feasibility report.
- Record details of founder members, their share capital and contributions.
- Also record details of prospective members, their probable share capital and contributions.
- At commencement, the formation board should begin to keep accounts to allow periodic assessment of the group’s activities; and
- Must appoint a delegate in charge of representing the group in all civil matters
- When above are completed, members of a group must make an
application to the Registrars representative in the area where the
society shall operate.
- The Registrars representative may be the District Cooperative Officer at District level or the Assistant Registrar at Regional level.
- The submitted documents shall then be assessed.
- After assessment, if the registrar is satisfied, he / she issues a letter of recognition which will all the group to operate as a pre-cooperative society for three (3) years.
- During the given three (3) years members of the formed
pre-cooperative society must be working hard to fulfill the conditions
required to become a full cooperative society.
- When all requirements are fulfilled at the end of the three years, the society shall then be registered as a full cooperative society however, if at the end of the three (3) years the pre-cooperative society has not fulfilled the conditions, the letter of recognition will be cancelled.
- Upon full registration, the registration then issues a Registration Certificate and a Certified Copy of By- laws