Job Title: Finance Director (1)
Posted by: Baylor Tanzania
Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation – Tanzania is a non-government organization (NGO) dedicated to supporting the provision of high-quality, comprehensive HIV/AIDS care and treatment to HIV – exposed and infected children and adolescents in the Lake and Southern Highlands Zones of Tanzania. Baylor Tanzania is affiliated with Baylor International Pediatric AIDS Initiative (BIPAI) Network which is headquartered at Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA. Baylor-Tanzania is funded by the United State Agency for International Development (USAID), working to support the Government of Tanzania through Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children to improve provision of services for children and adolescent infected and living with HIV in the Lake and Southern Highland Zones
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
The position is responsible for overseeing the Finance function of the programs, ensuring compliance to Baylor-Tanzania policies and procedures, award terms and donor regulations in the management and operations of programs, including sub grants at Baylor-Tanzania.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage Baylor-Tanzania treasury through providing oversight of bank accounts operations at Lake Zone COE including money transfers between head office, main office or program office and to sub grantees.
- Maintain the Authority’s budget and advise heads of units on availability of funds for implementation of planned activities; also review of budgets and projections in line of Donor & Baylor – Tanzania requirements
- Prepare periodic financial statements and Quarterly Performance Reports to facilitate decision making process;
- Timely review of program cash requirements and projections and submission of cash requests and or invoices for funding reimbursement claims to donors.
- Verification of all payments at LZ COE and those within the Finance Director’s threshold before effecting payment;
- Oversee administration of QuickBooks financial system at Baylor-Tanzania.
- Consolidate Lake Zone and Southern Highland Zone monthly financial reports for donor and BIPAI HQ reporting.
- Coordinate monthly financial statement package submission to BIPAI HQ
- Review monthly financial information pertaining to respective donor(s), prepare monthly expenditure and cash flow reports, coordinate signatures and submission.
- Coordinate departmental meetings at Lake Zone COE and Southern Highland Zone COE via online conference facilities such as Skype, Zoom etc.
- Review of monthly payroll for Baylor Tanzania from Payroll System (Aruti) including all schedules required to support payment of salaries, remittances of held statutory deductions.
- Periodically, evaluate effectiveness of Baylor – Tanzania internal controls.
- Ensure Compliance of donor, Baylor Tanzania and Statutory Regulations
- Prepare financial statements and fund accountability statements for all external and internal audits
- Liaise with the Executive Director to solicit, identify and engage auditor to perform annual financial statement audit for Baylor – Tanzania.
- Liaise with USAID/Tanzania AO and or AAO to solicit and identify auditor for USAID grant compliance audit.
- Ensure audit findings and recommendations tracked for complete implementation.
- Liaise with program staff and other departmental heads to understand implementation plans and other office requirements for effective forecasting of cash requirements at Baylor – Tanzania.
- Assist Executive Director in strategic and operational planning.
- Maintain relationship with stakeholders such as banks, internal revenue offices (TRA), Regional Authorities etc.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications and skills:
- Master’s degree in Finance and Accounting or related field from a recognized University
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field from a recognized University
- Fully accredited professional accounting certification ie CPA (T), ACCA, CIMA,
- Team player with excellent communication skills (both oral and written) and good IT skills mainly in Microsoft Office packages;
- Strong management and analytical skills,
- High level of Integrity and confidentiality
- Accounting systems
How to apply:
If you are qualified and wish to join Baylor – Tanzania, apply in confidence by submitting an application letter, a detailed CV, relevant copies of your certificates, and the names and contact information of three referees.
Application should reach Baylor – Tanzania not later than 19th December, 2019.APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS:
The Executive Director, Baylor College of Medicine Children's
Foundation - Tanzania
P.O Box 5208 For Mwanza
Or send to email: firstname.lastname@example.org