The Legal Services Facility (LSF) a registered non-government Organization (NGO) with Registration No. 00NGO/R2/00011. It is a basket fund created to channel funding on equal opportunity basis to organizations which are providing legal aid and paralegal services in Tanzania mainland and Zanzibar. These services assist individuals to claim their rights, redress grievances and protect their fundamental human rights.
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
The LSF manages a basket fund to which DANIDA and the EU are contributors. It operates as grant maker with the overall goal to increase access to justice through a legal empowerment approach, in particular for women and girls. Through implementing partners, a paralegal cadre of around 4000 is supported, organized in 184 small district based paralegal organizations.
Post : Regional legal aid coordinators-Volunteers
Location: All regions (Tanzania Mainland and Zanzibar)
Regional legal aid coordinators-volunteers will be responsible with closely follow up and backstopping the secretariat both program and financial management support to 184 paralegal organizations in all regions across the country (both Tanzania mainland and Zanzibar). Since each volunteer will support paralegal organizations in one region of his/her residence, applicants will be required to indicate the region of their residency on the application form.
Specific matters which will be attended are to assisting in the overall paralegal projects coordination(organizing both work plans and budgets); periodic monitoring of program implementation, conduct capacity building activities, support paralegals in implementing gender responsive projects, support paralegals to produce result based and gender responsive reports, provide technical support on online and offline database system usage and assist in any other programmatic, financial and communication matters.
- Conduct periodic monitoring of program implementation,
- Mentoring and coaching of paralegals as per LSF guidelines,
- Conduct capacity building activities in the specific aspects of financial management and program,
- Provide technical support in online and offline database system usage,
- Support paralegals to provide quality and credible quarterly reports to LSF,
- Assist in any other programmatic and communication concerns as they arise.
- Ensure paralegals are complying with grants conditions and donors’ requirements as stipulated in paralegals bookkeeping manual.
- Assist paralegals in complying with government rules and regulations. example; payment and filling of withholding tax and Return on income.
- Ensure paralegals are implementing audit finding and recommendations as per their financial reports and management letter
- Represent LSF in meetings and forums as designated
- Undertake other duties to assist program implementation as assigned.
- Experience of producing high quality reports.
- Familiarity with different methodologies for conducting field activities
- Familiarity with different interventions done by the LSF involving management of paralegals.
- Knowledge, experience and familiarity with human rights, governance, access to justice, human rights promotion, conflict prevention and peace building and support to governance initiatives with focus on citizen participation;
- Demonstrable experience with participatory methodologies and empowerment practices
- At least 1 years of experience in working with the donor funded program
- Ability to work independently and under short notice upon request.
- Should demonstrate multitask ability to perform different task in their regions
- Written and verbal communication skills in English with ability to write concise, readable and analytical reports,
- Experience of program management and or financial management.
- Good analytical and numerical skills
- Good knowledge and understanding of NGO statutory and compliance requirements.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: If you are Tanzanian and qualified for the post above, please apply through https://lsftz.tz/jobs. The applications deadline is Wednesday, 7th February,2024. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.