Tanzania Commercial Bank is a Bank that provides competitive financial services to our customers and creates value for our stakeholders through innovative products.
Tanzania Commercial Bank is a Bank, whose vision is “to be the leading bank in Tanzania in the provision of affordable, accessible and convenient financial services”. As part of effective organizational development and management of its human capital in an effective way, Tanzania Commercial Bank commits itself towards attaining, retaining and developing the highly capable and qualified workforce for Tanzania Commercial Bank betterment and the Nation at large.
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
DIRECTOR OF CREDIT
Tanzania Commercial Bank seeks to appoint dedicated, self-motivated and highly organized Director of Credit to join the Directorate Credit.
|DIRECT REPORTING LINE
|Chief Executive Officer
|As per Tanzania Commercial Bank
|Commensurate to the Job Advertised
The jobholder will be responsible for development, implementation and monitoring of lending strategies for the bank. He/she shall also be responsible to evaluate, recommend or approve if within discretion limit, credit applications to increase the lending book portfolio.
- Ensure an effective credit limit strategy is developed and implemented to address concentration risks across portfolios.
- Ensure that the Credit Department, through assistance of Branches and other Departments maintain good quality portfolio by following approved policies and procedures.
- Take proactive risk management actions so that the quality of the credit portfolio does not deteriorate.
- Align customer recruitment campaign activity with stated risk appetite by checking with the different managers to track whether the loans being given are in line with the TIB Corporate Finance Credit policy.
- Support new product development by giving guidance on pre-approved limits with the Credit Managers and other Business Heads.
- Implement effective and efficient recovery actions on all high risk and non-performing accounts.
- Ensure an appropriate write-off and charge-off strategy in line with the Credit Policy.
- Measure turnaround times, approval rates and decline rates on a monthly basis to ensure adherence to Credit Policies and follow-up the areas of concern.
- Ensure that assessment and approval process of new and existing clients comply with the requirements as per Credit and Provisioning Policy.
- Ensure all decisions on credit products are done by the appropriate mandate holder within approved policies.
- Perform annual review of the Credit policies and obtain Board’s approval before end of 4th quarter each year.
- Ensure Bank of Tanzania (BOT) is informed on all updates on the Credit and Provisioning Policy by sending completed reports and letters.
- Compile the needed monthly and quarterly credit reports for management and Board Credit Committee respectively.
- Set the Target Market Criteria, Risk Appetite and Mandate & Scale limits at least once a year or when required by market conditions.
- Mitigate, implement and embed controls and actions to close all audit findings.
- Ensure quality and reliability of all data used in reports by doing a sanity check on all the Credit Managers’ work.
- Perform any other related duties as may be assigned from time to time.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s Degree qualifications in fields of Business Administration, Finance, Banking, Accounting, Commerce, Economics, or related discipline from a recognized University/Institution.
- A minimum of ten (10) years working experience in Banking Industry or Financial Institutions and at least two years in Managerial Position.
- Knowledge of credit & non-performing debts policies and other regulatory requirements e.g. BOT Prudential guidelines.
- Knowledge of securities documentation and legal remedies available to the bank.
- Experience in working closely with legal and Corporate Banking teams.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES AND BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES
- Ability to demonstrate Tanzania Commercial Bank core values: – Customer Focus, trustworthy, Creativity, Teamwork and Excellence
- Ability to priorities work and to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work quickly, accurately and consistently when under pressure.
- A methodical and well-organised approach to work.
- Mature and able to work in a confidential environment.
- Has sound judgment, common sense and good humour.
The position will attract a competitive salary package and fringe benefits.
Applicants are invited to submit their resume via the following link:- https://www.tcbbank.co.tz/careers Applications via other methods will not be considered. Applicants need to fill their personal information, academic certificates and work experiences and also submit the application letter. Other credentials will have to be submitted during the interview for authentic check and other administrative measures.
Tanzania Commercial Bank has a strong commitment to environmental, health and safety management. Late applications will not be considered. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: a security clearance; a competency assessment and physical capability assessment.
AVOID SCAMS: NEVER pay to have your application pushed forward. Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a SCAM. If you are requested to make a payment for any reason, please use the Whistle blower policy of the Bank, or call 0222162940 to report the scam. You also don’t need to know one in Tanzania Commercial Bank to be employed. Tanzania Commercial Bank is merit based institution and to achieve this vision, it always go for the best.
Deadline of the Application is 12th February 2024.