Lawyers’ Environmental Action Team (LEAT), is a registered non-governmental organization based in Dar es Salaam, envisioning Africa with sustainable management of environment and natural resources. LEAT is implementing a five-year (2020 – 2025) “Usimamizi Endelevu wa Maliasili” Activity in Sumbawanga and Nkasi districts, Rukwa region. The Activity longs to conserve biodiversity and build the resilience of communities and ecosystems in the Activity districts. To achieve the Activity’s objectives, LEAT is looking for a self-motivated person to execute the role of an accountant.
Working Stations: Dar es Salaam and Rukwa region.
Expected Start Date: Immediately
Application deadline: January 20, 2024 before 17:00hrs
Minimum Qualification: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/ Finance (Master’s degree or CPA is an added advantage).
3 years with proven experience working with NGOs and or Donor funded projects
- Support timely project payments for vendors, partners and beneficiaries:
- Process the payment of staff salary and all the statutory contribution deduction
- Examine financial data for accuracy and compliance with policies and procedures and ensure financial integrity and build financial and resource management capacity:
- Support in monitoring and control of fixed asset and other organization resources
- Support in the preparation and revision of budgets and implement budgetary management strategies.
- Monitoring of projects budgets to ensure proper charging of projects expenses and spending as per approved Project budget.
- Conduct periodic project/partner visit for financial review and capacity building in finance management.
- Reviewing staff and sub grantee reports and posting them into the system on time.
- Provision of technical assistance and awareness to project staff on all financial related issues.
- Participate in annual project audits & in the implementation of audit recommendation
KNOWLEDGE /QUALIFICATION FOR THE ROLE
Required Professional Experience
- Minimum of three years in progressive working experience in donor funded environment with adequate exposure to project accounting, financial management including budgeting, grants, contracts and partner management;
- Minimum one year of experience from an international NGO experience is preferred;
- Demonstrated experience and skills with budget preparation and analysis, financial, reporting preparation and presentation and the proven ability to translate technical, financial data into informative reports;
- Reporting preparation and presentation and the proven ability to translate technical
- Financial data into informative reports;
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel;
- Excellent oral and written English skills.
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/ Finance/Equivalent
- Professional qualification in accounting such CPA or ACCA is an added advantage.
Other key competencies required includes
- Experience in managing donor;
- Experience in managing partners;
- Good planning and organizational skills;
- Tact and diplomacy in dealing with staff-related to work environment needs;
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff and public;
- Excellent computer skills in Excel & accounting software;
- Good computer skills with Ms window and Excel;
- Practical knowledge on accounting software practical experience with Quick book will be an added advantage;
- Problem solving skills.
All shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview. If you are not contacted within 10 days after the deadline consider your application unsuccessful.
All applications should be addressed to:
The Executive Director,
Lawyers’ Environmental Action Team (LEAT),
Mazingira House, Mazingira Street,
P.O Box 12605,
Dar es Salaam.
No phone calls