Regional Senior Advisor, Gender Equality and Social Inclusion - GESI at World Vision
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Employee Contract Type:
Local – Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
APPLICANTS ACCEPTED FROM ANY OF EAST AFRICA COUNTRIES
GESI Policy Implementation and Program integration
- Lead the development of regional GESI implementation guidance and mainstreaming across all functions in the region in line with the WVI Partnership GESI policy
- Lead and supporting national offices to contextualise and implement the WVI GESI Policy;
- Develop framework for reporting on progress towards GESI Policy implementation;
- Lead and guide national offices in the region to conduct office-level GESI self-assessments and develop GESI action plans to inform strategy
- Provide guidance to national offices on conducting gender and disability analysis for strategy, programme and project design and advise on inclusion within monitoring, evaluation and accountability processes;
- Support in the design and review of GESI responsive and GESI-transformative programs and projects, ensuring implementation fidelity
Build GESI evidence base
- Establish GESI research agenda within the region
- Initiate and oversee regional GESI-related research that contributes to external positioning,
- sharing learning with GESI community of practice and external stakeholders and audiences in line with engagement plans
Support Capacity Building
- Lead and coordinate capacity-strengthening strategy for WV GESI focal points/advisors, regional staff and affiliates related to gender equality, disability inclusion
- Develop a regional GESI learning agenda and leading regional learning fora in coordination with the global GESI community of practice
- Leading training for GESI focal points in line with GESI policy implementation
Build strategic partnerships and networks
- Represent the organization in relevant regional level government UN Agencies, Clusters, Working Groups, on GESI
- Influence networking and collaborating with, NGOs, donor agencies, and Faith -based organizations working in GESI
- Develop thought leadership pieces to highlight World Vision’s work in gender equality, disability and social inclusion.
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned by supervisor or designee from time to time
- Participate and contribute in committees and task forces as may be signed from time to time
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
Required Professional Experience
- At least 6 years’ experience in supporting GESI mainstreaming and targeted designs and related strategies and activities across various sectors
- Experience leading GESI analysis (specifically gender and disability analysis) to inform design and to support GESI-responsive monitoring and evaluation
- Experience with disability inclusion in programming
- Experience in policy influence, advocacy or in developing knowledge products
- Knowledge of current approaches to gender equality, disability inclusion and broader inclusion programming in both complex humanitarian disaster and transformational development environments
- Understanding of institutional donors’ and World Vision/INGO GESI frameworks, emerging models, policies and/or programming
- Experience leading or supporting Organizational GESI Self-Assessments or GESI Audits
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
- Masters in Gender development and related studies
- Degree in human rights law, gender studies, social work, development studies, social development, economics, or relevant field
- Must have good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be well respected in society for Christian values and professionalism.
- Demonstrated Leadership skills and experience evidenced by previous leadership roles
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- Experience in research and documentation
- Experience in analysis of qualitative information, knowledge of NVIVO and other applications is an added advantage
- Experience in facilitation and trainings: TOTs or TOF
- Strong organizational skills, independent judgment, and the ability to be flexible as the demands and priorities change.
- Commitment to continuous learning and willingness to keep abreast of new developments in the field of development.
- Strong interpersonal skills, as well as written and verbal communication skills.
Application deadline: 05th January 2024
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local and International Applicants (IA’s) Accepted