Office and Logistics Assistant for Tanzania MUM Project at Tetra Tech
The USAID-funded Maji na Usafi wa Mazingira (MUM) project in Tanzania, implemented by Tetra Tech International Development (International Development Jobs – Tetra Tech), is currently accepting expressions of interest for an Office and Logistics Assistant for short-term technical assistance (STTA). This position will be located in the main office in Iringa.
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
Position Description/Summary: The Tanzania Maji na Usafi wa Mazingira Activity (MUM) is a five-year (August 2021 – August 2026) $25 million activity funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Mission to Tanzania The purpose of the activity is to expand and sustain the provision and governance of WASH services by (1) increasing access to sustainable water services; (2) increasing access to finance for water, sanitation, and hygiene; (3) strengthening the market for sanitation products and services; and (4) strengthening basin water boards and water user associations for stewardship of water resources. Tetra Tech is the prime contractor with three subcontractors, FSG, WISE Futures, and IRIS Group.
Under the supervision of the Administrative Manager, the Office and Logistics Assistant will be responsible for providing support to the Admin Team for a period of approximately 3 months. The Office and Logistics Assistant will serve as the face of the project as the first person that guests see at the Iringa office, directing them as appropriate, and will support the project in all aspects regarding operations and logistics to ensure smooth running of the office and project activities.
* Responsible for receiving all guests, vendors, packages, mail and recording and directly them to the appropriate department.
* Support project operations including property management, travel support, and partner coordination as assigned by and in close coordination with the Administration Manager.
* Responsible for the logistics and planning of special events or meetings in support of project goals including support to identification of vendors, organizing invitations, and other tasks as needed.
* Support compliant application of procurement processes including updating the non-expendables and expendables inventories, applying inventory stickers as appropriate, and managing equipment and office supplies.
* Provide support for the daily management of the MUM office and administration.
* Assist in the coordination of domestic and international travel arrangements.
* Responsible for checking the PO Box on a regular basis, collecting and distributing mail
* Assist the Administrative Manager with filing project records including vendor contracts, legal and registration files, property management files, and HR records for each employee including employment contracts, employment evaluation forms, employment forms and documents, annual leave.
* Assist the Administrative Manager with coordinating procurement actions, including drafting of purchase requisition forms.
* Other duties as assigned by the Administrative Manager.
* Degree preferred in accounting, finance, business administration, or other relevant discipline.
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 3 years’ relevant experience, OR 5 years’ experience of relevant work.
* Experience providing administrative support to an organization. Experience with international donor-funded projects desired.
* Demonstrated experience in administration and operations ensuring appropriately tailored and synchronized activities.
* Computer literate in relevant software applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
* Strong organizational skills; ability to track multiple tasks and prioritize. Ability to follow instructions. Good Human Relation skills, integrity, and ability to work with minimum supervision and under pressure.
* Tactfulness, enthusiasm for the job.
* Fluency in written and spoken English and Kiswahili.