Specialist; Data Architecture and Modelling at CRDB
Line Manager- Manager, Data Management Operations
Design, implement, and document data architecture and data modelling solutions, which include the use of relational, dimensional, and NoSQL databases to support enterprise data management, business intelligence, machine learning, data science, and other data-related initiatives.
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
- Create data conceptual models and logical data models for each data asset.
- Establish data mapping to all the source systems tables and fields that store data assets.
- Analyze structural data requirements for new software and applications.
- Develop migration plans of data from legacy systems to new solutions.
- Design conceptual and logical data models and flowcharts.
- Implement business and IT data requirements through new data strategies and designs across all data platforms (relational, dimensional, and NoSQL) and data tools (reporting, visualization, analytics, and machine learning).
- Work with business and application/solution teams to implement data strategies, build data flows, and develop conceptual/logical/physical data models.
- Define and govern data modelling and design standards, tools, best practices, and related development for enterprise data models.
- Identify the architecture, infrastructure, and interfaces to data sources, tools supporting automated data loads, security concerns, analytic models, and data visualization.
- Work proactively and independently to address data-related project requirements and articulate design/modelling issues/challenges to reduce delivery risks.
- Be responsible for the development of the conceptual, logical, and physical data models, OLTP RDBMS, operational data stores (ODS), data marts, and data lakes on target platforms (SQL/NoSQL).
- Oversee and govern the expansion of existing data architecture and the optimization of data query performance via best practices.
- Engage with users during development and testing activities
- Conceptualize, execute, and refine design specifications in the form of process flows, information architecture, wireframes, prototypes, and functional design specs.
- Understand complex customer data, business goals, and requirements, and translate them into functional and technical designs.
- Create customer-centric designs that meet organizational and user requirements.
- Work closely with Data Architects in the development of stored procedures as well as data integrations and aggregation.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in data science, Information Systems/ Computer Science or related discipline from a recognized university.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in data design and modelling.
- Proven work experience as a Data Architect, Data Modeler or similar role.
- In-depth understanding of database structure principles.
- Experience gathering and analyzing system requirements.
- Experience in data mining and modelling techniques.
- Experience in SQL and Oracle.
- Knowledge in data architecture, data warehousing, master data management, enterprise information integration and ETL using a cross-section of technologies and programming languages.
- Hands-on relational, dimensional, and/or analytic experience (using RDBMS, dimensional, NoSQL data platform technologies, and ETL and data ingestion protocols.
Deadline 18th Oct 2023
Senior Internal Auditor ICT at CRDB
Reporting to: Audit Manager – ICT Audit
Department: Internal Audit
The purpose of the role entails performing Information and Communication Technology (ICT) audits, investigations, and data analytics in line with applicable audit standards, policies, and procedures. To guide and support Business auditors in various audit projects where the use of ICT skills and knowledge is required.
Customer Relationship Management:
- Conduct ICT audits and lead audit teams in the performance of ICT audits
- Provide Business and management with insights on ICT risk management, particularly on application and infrastructure security.
- Prepare and report results to Senior Management executives and Audit Committee.
- Perform pre- and post-implementation reviews of system implementations or enhancements.
- Perform IT security audits (e.g., network, operating system, and data centre), including evaluating whether security vulnerabilities are properly identified and mitigated.
- Coordinate the scope and performance of these reviews with business units and external security experts.
- Evaluate information general computing controls and provide value-added feedback. Test compliance with those controls.
- Perform various other reviews of IT management policies and procedures such as change management, business continuity management and information security to ensure that controls surrounding these processes are adequate.
- Develop, build & implement tools to analyze data to improve audit efficiency and effectiveness, (including for risk assessments). Ultimately be a source for analytics that business Auditors adopt to provide business insights or for continuous auditing.
- In consultation with Managers, review ICT risk assessment and audit programs relating to systems operations for change or improvements, if any.
- Mapping or reviewing key processes relating to systems operations and sharing with audit teams key areas of risks in those processes.
- Ensure audits are carried out in line with International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing as issued from time to time by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
- Guide auditors on report writing focusing on root cause identification and developing recommendations that address the root causes.
- Provide regular training to auditors on areas that need improvement in systems reviews.
- Lead audit teams and ensure audits progress as planned and in line with the approved scope, budget, and timetable.
- Improving technical knowledge as well as soft skills through self-learning or formal training including meeting mandatory CPE requirements.
- Be an expert in systems operations and share knowledge with the audit team and peers in the business.
Experience, Knowledge, and Skills Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Computer Information systems or Computer Engineering from any recognized University or its equivalent qualifications.
- Certification in Information Systems Audit (CISA) or Certification in ACL Data Analyst levels (ACDA) would be an added advantage.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Practical experience in ICT audit operations for at least three years in a reputable organization/audit firm/Bank.
- Good knowledge of IT audit standards and best ICT security practices.
- Strong Communication Skills, Sound Business acumen and Leadership skills
Deadline 20th Oct 2023