Rijk Zwaan is active worldwide as a vegetable breeding company that focuses on the development of high-quality vegetable varieties for professional growers. Mutual respect, a strong sense of responsibility and a high degree of employee involvement are the important starting points for our company. Rijk Zwaan is active in Tanzania in seed production and breeding support (Rijk Zwaan Q-Sem, in Tengeru Arusha) and in breeding and product development (Rijk Zwaan Afrisem, in Usa River, Arusha). Currently with 500+ employees. We are looking for motivated Tanzanian and International candidates who can fill up the following vacancy:
Job Title: Warehouse Manager
- Reports to: Managing Director
- Job Summary: The Warehouse Manager shall be responsible for the efficient and effective performance of duties and responsibilities pertaining inventory management and control, budgeting, and overall management of warehouse staff. The Warehouse Manager shall ensure that warehouse and inventory activities are carried out in accordance with the procedures of Rijk Zwaan. H/she is also the owner of the procedures at the Warehouse and for drafting internal control procedures and maintaining a sound internal control framework.
- Position within the organization: The Manager Warehouse will be reporting to the Managing Director and will be part of the managers team within Rijk Zwaan Tanzania. There will be close collaboration with requesting departments, which will be your internal client.
- Qualification: bachelor’s degree or equivalent, Registered by Procurement and Supplies Professionals and Technicians Board (PSPTB) and Driving license.
- Experience: Broad working experience as a Warehouse Manager or other relevant working experience with at least 5 years’ experience.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management and coaching of the stores team.
- Conducting yearly development meetings.
- Leave planning of the team.
- Being part of recruitment procedures.
- 5-year budget planning.
- Inventory management and set up stock count plan.
- Make sure robust procedures related to stock are written down and implemented.
- Owner of the procedures at the Warehouse and for drafting internal
control procedures and supporting a sound internal control framework. –
Conducting inventory checks at all stations.
- Strategic overview of the stores e.g., analysing KPI’s related to stock: stock turnover, minimum and maximum stock levels to have better control of the investments in coordination with the stock accountant.
- Strategic sparring partner for the Managing Director(s) when it comes to stock levels, internal procedures and reporting.
- Responsible for writing the monthly stock and consumption reports.
- Responsible for Stock policy.
- Drawing robust (monthly) management information.
- Compile documents, invoices, LPO, Goods Received Note and Delivery Note and share with the with the Process Optimization Manager for review.
- Monitoring compliance with internal procedures and reporting about compliance to managing
- Re-order consumables.
- Add re-order points and minimum stock in the system.
- Organize disposable procedure of assets, materials and left over
materials from projects. Form committee for tender and/or disposable of
- Creating items, add images, bin locations, ledgers, minimum stock and re-order points to items in the system.
- Check materials on FIFO/LIFO/FEFO.
- Analyzing consumptions.
- Monitor fuel consumptions monthly.
- Arrange and check store transfers between locations and approve gate passes.
- Arrange and check store transfer shortage and excess.
- Schedule Fuso truck transport on weekly basis (coordination).
- Supervise disposable procedure of materials.
- Writing the stores policy and keeping it up to date.
- Compliance to health & safety standards and regulations.
- Organize monthly stores meeting with the Process Optimization manager and the warehouse team and Managing Directors if needed.
- Monthly and Quarterly (KPI) reports to the Managing Directors and a follow up meeting can be organised by the Managing Directors.
- Project management
- Participation in the monthly managers meeting.
- Continuous improvement of health and safety / risk management/inventory within the department.
– Relevant working experience preferably in an international environment.
– Affinity with stock software, i.e., Open ERP, IBMS, Odoo etc. – Honest, trustworthy with high business ethics – Effective communication skills.
– Wants to develop him/herself, is open for upward and downward feedback.
– Developing team members in terms of knowledge, skills and personally.
– Team player.
– Strong critical thinking skills.
– Resolute and self-motivated.
– Business analytical skills.
– Steadfast, however approachable.
– Pro-active and independent
– Practical with a common-sense approach.
– Should be well organized.
– Good computer literacy (MS Office, Excel, Power Point).
– Proficient in the English language
– Good physical and mental fitness.
(f) Salary Scale:
Staff salary rank according to Rijk Zwaan Scheme of Services.
How to Apply:
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application letter with a detailed CV attached with relevant academic certificates to the following Q-sem at, email@example.com or rijkzwaancareers.com
Rijk Zwaan is active worldwide as a vegetable breeding company that focuses on the development of high-quality vegetable varieties for professional growers. Mutual respect, a strong sense of responsibility and a high degree of employee involvement are the important starting points for our company. Rijk Zwaan is active in Tanzania in seed production and breeding support (Rijk Zwaan Q-Sem, in Tengeru Arusha) and in breeding and product development (Rijk Zwaan Afrisem, in Usa River, Arusha). Currently we have more than 500+ employees and as we continue to grow, we have the following vacancies for dedicated diligent Tanzanians:
Job Title: Stock Accountant
- Reports to: Financial Controller
- Job Summary: The Stock accountant has a significant role in the activities of the Stores and Procurement departments related to analysing, reconciliation, stock items (all made financial) and stock levels. S/he will be working with the IBMS system to improve the store item traceability. H/she will have close collaboration with the Stores-, Procurement- and financial department.
- Position within the organization: The Stock accountant will be reporting to the Financial Controller. There will also be close collaboration with the Process Optimization Manager.
- Qualification: Certified Accountant /CPA and Driving license.
- Experience: Minimum 3 – 5 years relevant working experience.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analysing data in the system.
- Conducting inventory checks at all stations.
- Aid in the monthly stock and consumption reports.
- Assisting and compiling the departmental budget and forecast, together with the Warehouse manager.
- Reconciliation of fuel consumption.
- Supervise all store locations and store procedures.
- Creating maintenance items and maintenance categories in the IBMS system.
- Update exchange-rate from Bank of Tanzania on monthly basis.
- Extra contact person between the Stores Manager and Process Optimization Manager.
- Follow up on tasks and projects within the stores department.
- Strategic advice on the stock plan over the various locations in collaboration with the Warehouse manager and Financial Controller.
- Suggest improvements on procedures and take part in procedures related to stocks.
- Advising the Warehouse Manager and Financial Controller on KPI’s related to stock: stock turnover, minimum and maximum stock levels.
- In collaboration with the Warehouse managers to set up proper procedures related to stock and stock movements e.g., chemical quantities and fertilizers.
- To identify points of improvement.
- Managing working capital, efficiently and effectively in collaboration with the financial controller and the process optimization manager.
- Close cooperation with the procurement and financial department and other relevant departments.
- Critical thinker.
- Honest, trustworthy with high business ethics.
- Affinity with stock management software.
- Good communication skills.
- Reliable and self-motivated.
- Team player.
- Business analytical skills.
- Pro-active and independent.
- Should be well organized.
- Skilled at using (Excel) spread sheets.
- Proficient in the English language.
- Salary Scale: Staff salary rank according to Rijk Zwaan Scheme of Services.
- Tenure: Local permanent contract.
How to Apply:
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please send your application letter with a detailed CV attached with relevant academic certificates to the following Q-sem at firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered your application must be received by 25th August 2023. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Rijk Zwaan is an equal opportunity company everyone is encouraged to apply.
Rijk Zwaan is an equal opportunity company everyone is encouraged to apply.