Art Initiative Program Officer (Temporary Vacancy) at School of St Jude
Art Initiative Program Officer (Temporary Vacancy)
Want to work for one of the largest charities of its kind in Africa? Are you an Artistic and creative person? Are you an excellent communicator? Do you enjoy working with International visitors? Would you call yourself a master planner and attentive to details? Does it sound like we’re talking about you… Keep reading!
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
The School of St Jude is a pioneering leader in charitable education within Africa. Every year we give 1,800 students with free, quality education, 100’s of graduates with access to higher education and provide more than 20,000 government school students with quality teachers. St Jude’s is funded by generous supporters from around the world who make our mission of giving bright, poor Tanzanian students a free, quality education possible.
Who are you
- Someone passionate about art and spreading artistic knowledge to produce a creative environment throughout the school
- Organised and confident in an Office position as well as having a creative personality
- Team Leader qualities
- Strong English and writing skills
- You go to sleep at night dreaming about creating the best art program for the students and for our visitors to experience.
What you’ll do
- Overseeing 3 campus’s art classes, visiting classes and overseeing the curriculum and store room
- Managing artworks created by students- creating artist statements on InDesign, filing all relative documents accordingly
- Creating art workshops in school holidays
- Managing the art gallery
- Liaising with visitors
- Work together in a team delegating tasks to our CSY volunteers.
What we’re looking for
- Diploma or Bachelor in Visual and Fine Arts or related field from a reputable University.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills with demonstrated experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher and Outlook.
- An energetic and friendly attitude with the ability to be flexible, patient, personable, reliable and easy going.
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills (written and verbal) in English.
- Strong time management skills with previous experience managing a small team is an advantage.
- The opportunity to use your talents and expertise to fight poverty through education and make a positive impact in Tanzania
- A flexible and supportive community of international and local employees
- Ample opportunities for career progression and development
- Mid-morning tea and lunch (during working days)
Are you interested?
- Send your cover letter, portfolio of art work and an up to date Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com ( (subject line must include the reference number: TSOSJ/HR/EC/AIP/01/23)
- Applications close on 24th July 2023
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- THIS IS A TEMPORARY POSITION, NO GUARANTEE OF FULL TIME EMPLOYMENT
- PLEASE BE AWARE OF FRAUDULENT ACTIVITIES IN JOB ADVERTISEMENTS AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS. THE SCHOOL OF ST JUDE DOES NOT REQUEST PAYMENT AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS INCLUDING THE OFFER STAGE. ANY PAYMENT REQUESTS SHOULD BE REFUSED AND REPORTED TO LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES FOR APPROPRIATE ACTION.