Position Title: Procurement and Logistics Officer
Reports to: Regional Procurement and Supply Chain Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Location: Dar es Salaam
Travel: Up to 10% in intervention districts outside of job location
Overall Job Function:
The Procurement and Logistics Officer is overall responsible for providing the supply chain needs and requirements of the program including procuring, coordinating delivery of program supplies and equipment, and processing vendor payment requests in liaison with the finance department.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties:
- Follow up up on supplier delivery, check compliance in terms of validation of documents and ensure the standards of supplies are in check.
- Coordinate with program teams and other departments on best method of delivery. The guiding principle is time, cost, and reliability of shipping option.
- In liaison with Procurement Officer – Warehouse & Property Log, ensure distribution of supplies to field offices in accordance with distribution plans and provide accurate report to ensure all items are received and recorded in the store book ledgers before being issued.
- Support shipping and clearing activities, importing & exporting.
- Receive vendor invoices and process payment requests in liaison with finance.
- Provide advice on procurement issues and best practices in line with the public procurement procedures and protocols in management of local purchase orders and payment requisitions management.
- Process and obtain relevant approvals for materials to be purchased in line with the existing requirements and protocols at payment levels.
- Negotiate procurement needs with suppliers to establish fair market rates on behalf of ICAP through established framework agreements.
- Liaise and negotiate with freight forwarders and clearing agents
- Conduct performance reviews with the suppliers, measuring against required performance standards and market prices of various material procured by ICAP before issuing purchase orders.
- Develop strong professional relationships with key suppliers to ensure ongoing quality and reliability of supply.
- Ensure understanding of ICAP procurement policies and comply with all SOPs
- Provide information to ICAP central team when the procured items arrive from the suppliers for verification and acceptance.
- Place orders for supplies through POs as required by ICAP regional teams and sites
- Coordinate all logistics for delivering materials to the sites.
- Conduct performance reviews with the suppliers, measuring against required performance standards and market prides of various material procured by ICAP. Ensure the company benefits from cost savings and value for money
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills
- Required Education: University degree in supply chain, procurement, business administration or other related field o Preferred: for medical/laboratory related degree with supply chain experience
- Required Certifications: Must be registered with PSPTB o Preferred: CPSP qualification attained or in progress
- Required Work Experience: 4+ years’ experience including proven experience in executing procurements and logistics timely in a complex regulatory environment. o Preferred: Thorough understanding of HIV commodities and medical supplies o Preferred: Working experience with donor funded projects on with HIV/AIDS care and treatment is desirable.
- Integrity, commitment, and willingness to do over time to see key procurement and Logistics through.
- Working knowledge of incoterms and control systems
- Strong competency with MS Office applications.
- Ability to work independently with strong problem-solving skills
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili with good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to leverage interpersonal skills to establish rapport and develop relationships with all key stakeholders to track movement of goods and ensure receiving parties confirm quality of all received goods.