Position Title: Systems and Software Developer (1 position)
Reports To: Systems and Software Supervisor
Contract Type: Full-time
Job Location: Dar es Salaam
Travel: Up To 20% in intervention districts outside of job location
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
The Systems and Software Developer is responsible for programming and documentation of existing and new developed software products or ongoing business projects. This includes developing user guide manual, policies, and video training modules for the systems.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties:
• Research, design, implement and manage software programs.
• Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices.
• Integrate data from various back-end services and databases.
• Create website layout/user interface by using standard HTML/CSS practices.
• In collaboration with the team, gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs.
• Identify areas for modification in existing programs and subsequently developing these modifications.
• Determine operational practicality.
• Develop quality assurance procedures.
• Deploy software tools, processes and metrics
• Maintain and upgrade existing systems
• Back up files from web sites to local directories for recovery
• Ensure that all information systems incorporate mechanisms to improve the completeness, timeliness, and accuracy of data
• Participate in building the capacity of key programs staff on technical knowledge of running and maintaining ICAP online platforms
• Design or develop software systems, using scientific analysis and measure outcome and consequences of design.
• Train users to use new or modified software and systems features and functionalities.
• Develop software system testing or validation procedures.
• Develop software programming and development of documentation. • Create technical documentation for reference and reporting
• Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities
• Collaborate with tester about any bugs, defects, or issues found, work to ensure that bugs are resolved so that website quality will exceed defined standards.
• Collaborate with tester in code and design reviews.
• Confer with teams to resolve conflicts, prioritize needs, develop content criteria, or choose solutions.
• Create users guide and manual
• Provide continued support and troubleshooting system related problems and bugs
• Perform any other tasks assigned by the supervisor Required Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills:
• Required Education: Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
• Required Work Experience: Minimum 2 years in system and software development including:
o Strong skills and experience on programming
o Must be conversant with popular web and mobile development technologies including language and frameworks including but not limited to Java, PHP
o Proven work experience in design patterns mobile architecture using frameworks such as MVVM/MVC/MVP. Familiarity with RESTful APIs to effectively integrate Android applications.
o Up-to-date knowledge of software test design and development.
o Strong IT support, programming, and testing skills.
• Excellent communication and critical thinking skills.
• Good organizational skills and detail-oriented mindset