Branch Accountant at Hand in Hand
Branch Accountant at Hand in Hand
Hand in Hand Eastern Africa-Tanzania (HIHEA TZ) is a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) registered in Tanzania since 2018 with a mandate to operate in the country, and part of the Hand in Hand Global Network. Our vision is to empower the society, especially women, through the creation of sustainable enterprises and jobs. HIHEA (TZ) currently leads field operations through two branches, in Moshi and Arusha.
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
The organization works with marginalized communities in the areas of economic and social empowerment using a participatory approach aimed at helping people fight poverty and vulnerability. The Hand in Hand enterprise and job creation approach is based on a philosophy of self-help, providing training, skills and support to enable people living in poverty, particularly women, to build and sustain independent, market-based, economic activities. This provides for a higher level of income for them and their families, which in turn contributes to greater food security, better education for children, and increased access to healthcare, improved housing, and overall improved livelihoods.
SPECIFICATIONS.REF.NO: HIHEATZ BA 02/2023 (2) POST.
The position is responsible for effective financial management at Branch level. The responsibilities include processing of accounting transactions, preparation of branch financial reports, and support on donor compliance and reporting issues in line with professional standards, and the organization’s policies, procedures, structures and systems.
Duties and responsibilities
- Work with the Branch Manager to prepare accurate annual budgets.
- Monitor and analyze branch budget vs actual expenses, identify variances and take corrective action for variances.
- Ensure that petty cash disbursements, accounting, re-imbursement and update of all relevant expenses are done in time.
- Raise internal requisitions for all supplies at the Branch in accordance with the HiH EA procurement policy.
- Manage stationery stocks in the branches with monthly stock takes and variance analysis and action thereof.
- Analyze all the expenses in line with approved budgets and liaise with Branch Manager and Project
- Accountant, where applicable, on areas of expense requisition or misappropriation of funds.
- Undertake timely reconciliation and processing of payment of branch liabilities.
- Carry out timely posting in the accounting system and reconciliation of all branch operations (e.g. clientele, savings, loans, fees, loan payments, revenues, commissions etc.).
- Monitor Branch performance, making sure that reports are accurate and share system reports with Branch Manager and staff as appropriate.
- Designated bank agent for purposes of accessing HiH EA bank statements.Ensure timely preparation of bank reconciliations, stationery reconciliations, and expense posting schedules and send reports to the Project Accountant.
- Reconcile fuel receipts to be in line with work tickets balances.
- Execute the role of approver in MIS and the contact person on issues relating to MIS
system accuracy, efficiency and availability.
- Undertake asset coding, quarterly verification and submit to HQ a signed copy of list of assets for the Branch.
- Participate in carrying out due diligence and evaluation of customer’s credit applications as a member of credit committee at the Branch level.
- Undertake due diligence and vetting of quotations received from suppliers and ensure that expenses incurred are in line contractual terms of the project at the Branch.
- Maintain safe use and custody of passwords for computerized accounting systems.
- In charge of safe custody of auditable documents filed at the Branch and must maintain safe and proper record keeping by filling source documents, vouchers and any other supporting accounting documents for future references.
- Carry out trial balance analysis to guarantee correctness of the balances, coding and transaction management and verify and approve journal vouchers raised to correct errors.
- Deduct and remit statutory deductions, where applicable.
- Support internal audit processes by giving all the necessary information and auditable documents, and acting on the feedback given thereafter.
- Ensure that the organizations assets and other resources are safeguard from financial loss through theft, fraud or errors by adherence to professional standards and policies, procedures, structures and systems of the organization.
- Supervise, coach, mentor, and appraise the Accounts Assistant at the Branch.
- Train and capacity build Branch staff on accounting and financial management.
- Undertake any other assignment as may be directed by the Supervisor from time to time.
- Holder of bachelor degree in accounting/Finance and any other related field CPA (T) will be an added advantage.
- At least 3 Years work experience in a relevant field.
- Working knowledge of computerized accounting and other computer application packages.
- High level of integrity to be able to handle assets, cash and cash related transactions.
- Good interpersonal skills to be able to relate to people of diverse backgrounds.
- Attention to detail to be able to scrutinize payment supporting documents before effecting payment.
- Good analytical skills and report writing skills.
- Basic auditing skills.
- Effective communication both oral and written in English and Kiswahili.
- Good organizing skills.
Qualified and interested candidates should forward a cover letter and CV, citing the Position and Reference Number to email@example.com on or before close of business by 04th August, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Hand in Hand Eastern Africa (TZ) is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge or accept any amount or security deposit from job seekers during the selection process or while inviting candidates for an interview.