Head of Sustainability Vacancy at Equity Bank Tanzania
Equity Bank Tanzania Limited, is a commercial bank in Tanzania, the second-largest economy in the East African Community. It is licensed by the Bank of Tanzania, the country’s central bank and national banking regulator.
JOB LEVEL SENIOR MANAGER
REPORTING LINE DUAL REPORTING LINE:
1. Group Director, Sustainability
2. Managing Director, Equity Bank Tanzania
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
Nafasi za kazi Equity Bank Tanzania The role holder will have a dual role which will include being responsible for leading and managing Sustainability/ESG for Equity Tanzania and supporting the Group team on specific areas of group wide sustainability strategy and solutions workstreams.
Strategy and stakeholder engagement
- In line with the Group Sustainability Strategy, develop a Tanzania focused
Sustainability strategy to identify and manage the key ESG-related risks & opportunities.
- Introduce best practices to support delivery of the organization’s strategy.
- Generate insights and thought leadership materials on Sustainability, ESG topics and trends, both locally and internationally.
- Serve as subject matter expert on Sustainability/ESG, including industry trends,
- research, regulations, and ESG data gathering, analysis, monitoring, and reporting.
ESG Risk Management
- Accountable for overall ESG Risk Management including ownership and implementation of an effective environmental and social management system (ESMS).
- Manage the ESG Governance and Compliance requirements.
the Business to deliver effective Environmental and Social Risk
appraisals (both desk-top and site based) as part of the credit process
and develop practical risk
management plans, as appropriate, to be included as part of the facility agreements.
- Run the assurance programme and follow-up to ensure effective implementation of
the E&S Management Policy and Procedures.
in close partnership with the wider Business and the Equity Foundation
to develop ESG opportunities and impact related products and services.
Capacity Building & Development
- Lead and manage an in-country Sustainability team, as applicable.
- Build Environmental and Social awareness among Bank’s clients.
- Champion and build ESG capacity across all the relevant business departments to ensure engagement and improved understanding of ESG across the organization.
- Deliver an effective ESG training program to the organization across all levels.
- Deliver to the internal and external (regulatory and/or contractual) reporting requirements.
- Support and as appropriate lead, accreditation of Equity Group for specific agreedfunds (e.g., GCF), association or principles.
- Support and as appropriate lead, application for specific funding and grants from various local and international organizations.
- Participate as part of the leadership team of the Equity Group sustainable finance commercial workgroup to drive the Group’s Sustainability Strategy and frameworks.
- Support and as appropriate lead, specific product development and go-to-market strategies.
QUALIFICATIONS, COMPETENCES &
- Degree in ESG related discipline – Environmental Sciences, Sustainable Development,
Sociology, Community Development, Geology, Engineering
- Degree or masters in a Business or Banking related discipline would be added advantage.
- Knowledge of local environmental, sustainability, employment, health and safety legislations and regulations
- Strong knowledge of and practical experience in social, environmental sustainabilitya and governance issues across diverse sectors
- Ability to propose realistic, value-adding, and practical risk management plans.
- Able to collaborate cross-functionally.
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good working knowledge of IFC Performance Standards, World Bank Environmental,
Health and Safety (EHS) guidelines, Equator Principles, GRI, TCFD, Other International
- Experience of ESG related accreditations, engagement and fund raising with international parties
- Over 7 years’ experience in ESG related role
- Previous experience in banking desirable
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application quoting the Job reference and title in the subject field to TZRecruitment@equitybank.co.tz
Nafasi za Equity Bank Tanzania Deadline: Monday 17th July 2023