Job Title: Project and Community Development Liaison Officer
Reports To: Managing Director
Function: Projects and Community Development
Location: Chem Chem Association
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
Work directly with surrounding communities of the region to promote community-led development including preparation and prioritization of community development plans for local improvement. Work with Co-members to initiate social and economic/environmental development strategies in community sites of the region.
- Human-Wildlife conflicts mitigation Implementing English Courses classes
- Overall coordinating Wildlife Education (Mailhai Club)
- Overall overviewing and assisting Managing Director with Soccer Tournament planning and execution
- Manage Micro-Credit to Women and Men saving groups
- Ensures Organisation visibility is established and maintained in the area and promotes relationships within different groups, agencies, stakeholders and organisations in the Community to identify lending and other community development opportunities.
- Makes recommendations to increase projects in the community Actively monitors public programs that support community development initiatives.
- To manage community/ economic development activities and initiatives for a designated community area Explores and evaluates the current and future credit needs of the community and develops a strong understanding of the local issues and needs.
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation of project activities and outcomes
- Provides input to the strategic decisions that affect the functional area of responsibilities. May give inputs into developing the Association budget.
- Solving escalated issues arising from operations and requiring coordination with other departments. Marketplace Literacy
- Responsible for handling requests from villages – e.g water etc. Initiates policy changes or enhancements to ensure compliance with Community Development rules and regulations of the Country and other regulations.
- Any other community project Responsible for communication to WMA and District on the above projects and other assigned tasks
- Support the establishment of environmentally friendly income-generating activities in the project villages to improve the living standards of the target beneficiaries.
- Ensure community project site visits are conducted as scheduled.
- To collect, maintain, interpret and distribute important statistics and records for the use of the community
- Prepare field reports, progress reports, activity reports and analyze these reports in terms of problems and actions needed
- To work with community representatives and other departments of the council to address community issues e.g. physical improvements to enhance the environment or new facilities for the community.
- Bachelor degree in Community Development studies,social sciences,Project Management or related fields.
- Minimum 5 years experience working with rural communities in community projects, development projects and or in other similar activities (NGOs), preferably within the designated area of responsibility.
- Excellent communication skills with a proven ability to develop and maintain good relations with a wide range of stakeholders including authorities, local communities, industry, NGOs.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills to work effectively in a multicultural environment.
- Good computer skills, especially in word, excel, email and internet
- Knowledge of community development issues and principals.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates for any of the above positions should submit an application letter, a detailed copy of their cv,names and contact information (Email addresses and telephone numbers) of three referees.The candidate must clearly indicate the title of the position applied for (as it appears in the advertisement )on the heading of the email.Application should be submitted to the Human Resources email email@example.com CC firstname.lastname@example.org .Kindly note that only shortlisted applicant will be contacted.
Deadline For the Application; 15th July 2023.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! Chem Chem Association does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to this number 0699688225.