Underground Fitter at Barrick
- Ensure the compliance to all regulatory and Barrick health, safety and environmental policies
- Report all Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) issues via an incident report
- Daily maintenance Inspection and execution of Underground Equipment
- Ensure work completion details are finalised in accordance with work requirements & Procedures
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
- Ensure mechanical tools and equipment are maintained and stored in accordance with Barrick and OEM safety standards/ procedures.
- Trouble shoot Underground equipment problems and solve engineering problems.
- Ensure parts and components are selected and replaced as required in accordance with specification and work plan
- Ensure correct size, type and quantity of materials/components are determined, obtained and inspected for compliance with the job specifications
- Ensure work is planned in detail including sequencing and prioritising and considerations made, where appropriate, for the maintenance of plan security and Capacity in accordance with system/site requirements
- Ensure weekly review of planned vs. actual compared to weekly & monthly plans in respective areas/sections
- Handovers conducted 100% accurately every day
- 100% compliance to completing required Logbooks for Inspection daily, weekly, monthly
- Competent in the use/operation of all required power tools and hand tools, inspected and maintained daily
- Response/ attention to breakdowns to carry priority & attended to as soon as practically possible
- 100% Compliance to Equipment Preventive Maintenance Schedule & work carried out accordingly daily
- 100% Compliance to Standard Operating Procedures for safe work daily –Isolation, Lockout, confined space, working at height, lifting & rigging etc
- A relevant Trade qualification in Mechanical Engineering or Technician Certificate from a recognized institution.
- Computer literacy is essential.
Experience and competencies needed
- Minimum experience of two (2) years in mechanical fitting working at Underground equipment.
- Experience in a mining environment is highly desirable
- Excellent safety record.
- Practical skills in mechanical practices.