Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
Employee Contract Type:
Local – Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)
The purpose of the role is to Provide highly Technical and Strategic support on Environment and Climate Change Action to FO;s to enhance environmental stewardship , lead necessary climate action initiatives within the East Africa region and collaborate with key stakeholders.
The senior advisor, through frequent field visit will provide technical support in the design and implementation of Environment, climate action program and associated projects in development work, emergency response and advocacy programs. Conduct quality assurance of implementation on sampling basis, assess capacity gaps in FO’s and carries out ToFs on core project models and approaches on environmental stewardship and climate action. Promote and support learning initiatives and manage the CoP, Lead and contribute to continuous innovative improvement integrated program/project interventions. Develop capability statements and contribute to design and resource mobilization efforts within the region and support FO’s. Coordinate with the Global partnership environment and climate change teams. Represent the Region in the various working groups and engagements on Environmental stewardship and climate action.
- Support the roll out and application of the Environmental Stewardship Policy across EARO offices.
- Support Field offices to set up and improve integrated programming in ESCA projects and build their capacity to do so.
- Develop compelling materials to strengthen WV EARO FO’s commitment and passion for work on ESCA (e.g., capability statements, case studies of success, business cases, Return on Investment etc.)
- Nurture a community of practice at field level to implement environmental programming with practical steps to
- that reduce WV’s environmental footprint
- Promote RO, and FO’s Carbon footprint and subsequent measures to reduce impact through initiatives with both internal and external stakeholders
- Monitor and track FO implementation of ESCA initiatives and report against relevant Regional and Global KPIs
- Advise FO’s on ESCA related policy statements as requested.
- Work with Regional Office and Field Office’s to raise grant and other resources to fund environmental projects
- Work with Priority Field Offices to design, develop and where necessary write grant applications to secure funding for ESCA projects
- Advise WV EARO FO’s on strategies, approaches and positioning to secure funding for ESCA projects.
- Work with Global Centre (Headquarters) ESCA and relevant funding offices and functions to build WV EAR Field Office capacity to meet sector and major grant donor requirements on ESCA (e.g. ECHO’s Minimum Operations Requirements )
- Work with EAR GAM to identify, map and communicate ESCA funding opportunities to WV EAR Field Offices.
- External and Internal (WV Partnership) Engagement
- Be a focal point for ESCA issues in cross and multisector programming, including commissioning and overseeing relevant field research/ positioning materials, establishment of external partnerships and help position EARO regional office in the WV Partnership on ESCA issues.
- Strategically engage with Donors, their respective Funding Offices and other partners in a response, development or nexus context, to ensure that WV is positioned as a viable partner for ESCA programs.
- Work with FOs to broker external partnerships that can forward ESCA work at field level.
- Represent the region effectively in key organizational discussions, platforms and fora
- Maintain partnerships with organizations, think tanks and agencies to fund and implement ESCA or integrated programs
- Will strengthen the implementation of the Nexus Approach by ensuring integration on humanitarian/development/peacebuilding initiatives.
- These efforts include stronger and more focused joint analysis, strategic planning and programming and more joint learning (field trips, evaluations etc.) between humanitarian, development, and peacebuilding actors.
- Focus on working in collaboration and complementarity between humanitarian and development actors and knowing that Field Offices will become more and more affected by the climate change, food insecurity, extreme poverty might lead to more conflicts over the scarce resources and the presence
- Work with humanitarian, development and peace actors to find solutions, to if/when possible, prevent conflict, violence (and population movement) to happen.
Knowledge/Qualifications for the Role
Required Professional Experience
- Detailed knowledge of NGO Environmental Stewardship and Climate Action programming and how to apply it.
- Proven track record of growing communities of practice and influencing senior field stakeholders (Eg. Operations Directors, Head of Mission etc) is vital.
- Able to think and plan strategically and do practical field assessments, visits, proposal writing etc.
- Knowledge of Livelihoods, international development, humanitarian response, project management or other relevant field is an added advantage. Experience with Bilateral and UN Donors is required.
- Experience in development of projects, training materials, conducting training (face to face and online) and providing technical assistance.
- Understanding of the sector, donor and UN landscape for ESCA.
- Technical skills: Knowledge of ESCA Project models and approaches is desirable
- A minimum of 5 working experience in climate change and environmental stewardship, program development, implementation, resource mobilization in both emergency, development and advocacy context.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 60% of the time, with possible extended periods of 4 to 6 weeks of field work.
- Preferred candidates should be committed to travel to Field Offices for days/weeks and spend time with Field Office technical teams in the field. Hands on support is a critical part of this role.
- Other: Clear communication skills, written and spoken high influencer, engager and an innovator, Techno survey, Trainer/coach, Research.
- Strong relationship building/network capacity, spiritual maturity in Christian faith, ability to influence, innovative, and proactive personality.
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
Master Degree in Environmental Sciences, Climate Change, degree in Program Management/International Development is an added advantage. Experience in advocacy, policy formation, guidance and implementation on ESCA project model.
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications.
- Highly developed external engagement and networking skills Strong project management skills, including experience with research and development of programming models
- Excellent writing skills as shown through technical documents, thought pieces, and proposals
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and versatile in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency
- Ability to motivate and develop staff Experience leading a task force or community of practice or learning
- Understanding of climate change risks and challenges
- Strong understanding of global strategies and frameworks on environmental stewardship and climate change.
- Knowledge on legal international conventions related to climate change.
- Strong negotiation, collaboration, networking, liaison, and donor engagement skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency using Excel, Microsoft Suite of products, databases and statistical packages.
- Consistently demonstrates high-level influence and strategic engagement skills and tactical savvy in delivery of technical assistance.
- Ability to think broadly and look at the macro, strategic issues to inform strategy choices and management pro
- Critical thinking skills to relate to work performed to broader business conte
Location: This position can be based in any of the locations as mentioned above.
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only
Required qualifications and experience
Required Professional Experience – at least 10 years in a similar position.
- Financial systems management: The Finance Systems Manager should have a strong understanding of SUN 6 financial management systems, they should be proficient in system implementation, configuration, and integration with related applications.
- Technical Program Management: This role requires expertise in managing complex technical programs. The Finance Systems Manager should have experience in initiating, planning, executing, controlling, and closing programs or projects. They should be able to develop work plans, schedules, and resource plans and monitor and report on project status.
- Project Management: A solid foundation in project management principles and methodologies is crucial. The Finance Systems Manager should have knowledge of project management frameworks, tools, and techniques to effectively manage the implementation of financial systems across the network.
- Integration and Data Management: Integration of financial systems with other platforms and applications is critical to this role. The Finance Systems Manager should possess knowledge of data integration methods, data governance, data security, and data management best practices.
- Change Management: Implementing financial management systems often involves significant organizational change. The Finance Systems Manager should be well-versed in change management principles and methodologies to effectively manage the people side of the implementation, including communication, training, and stakeholder engagement.
- Stakeholder Management: This role requires interacting with stakeholders from both the Finance and Technology departments. The Finance Systems Manager should have strong interpersonal and communication skills to collaborate with cross-functional teams, manage expectations, and address any conflicts or issues that arise.
- Continuous Improvement: The Finance Systems Manager should have a mindset of continuous improvement and be up to date with emerging technologies and trends in financial management systems. This includes exploring opportunities for process optimization, automation, and enhancing system capabilities.
- Leadership and Team Management: Leading a team and fostering a collaborative environment is crucial. The Finance Systems Manager should have strong leadership skills to inspire and motivate team members, assign tasks, provide guidance, and ensure the successful delivery of the implementation program.
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification –
For the Finance Systems Manager role, with a focus on IT technical responsibilities rather than finance, the following education qualifications would be relevant:
- Bachelor’s Degree: A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or a related discipline is typically required. This educational foundation provides a solid understanding of core IT concepts and principles.
- IT Certifications: Certification in relevant IT areas – Certifications related to project management, system implementation, system integration, or IT governance can demonstrate specialized knowledge and skills in those areas
- Basic Accounting and Finance Knowledge: Basic accounting and finance is essential to effectively manage Sun Systems Accounting Software. Knowledge of financial reporting, budgeting, internal controls, and other accounting processes ensures a comprehensive understanding of how the software supports financial operations.
- Completion of training programs specific to Sun Systems’ financial management systems. A Sun Systems Certification will be an added advantage.
- Continuing Education: Staying updated with the latest technological advancements and industry best practices is important for a Finance Systems Manager. Demonstrating a commitment to continuing education through relevant courses, workshops, or certifications showcases a dedication to professional growth and improvement
- Professional Experience: Hands-on experience working with Sun Systems Accounting Software or similar financial management systems is highly recommended. Practical experience in implementing, configuring, and managing the software in real-world settings.
- Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications – Knowledge in managing Sun6 is crucial
- Language Requirements – Proficiency in English is essential, while fluency in French and Spanish would be advantageous.
Travel and/or Work Environment
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel internationally, potentially 25% – 30% of the time.
- Able to work from home if required
** Apart from the Philippines, the opportunity is available in other locations such as Zambia, Tanzania, Uganda, Mexico, Guatemala, El Salvador to name a few, where VisionFund is registered **
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only