Driver Job Vacancy at UNDP
United Nations Development Programme
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
UN Women, in collaboration with the Government of Finland is implementing a four-year project titled, ‘Strengthening women’s and girls’ meaningful participation, leadership, and economic rights, (WLER) at the local levels in Tanzania’ (2022 – 2025). The project has the overarching goal of ensuring ‘Women’s and girls’ meaningful participation, leadership and economic rights are strengthened at local levels in Tanzania’ aims to increase the number of women in leadership and decision making positions and their voices at the local government levels through promoting gender-responsive norms, behaviours and practices, strengthening capacities of women leaders, enhance collection and use of sex and disability responsive data and enhancing women’s economic rights including by piloting gender and disability transformative innovative measures such as care services, in line with the Government of Tanzania’s Generation Equality Commitments
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide reliable and secure driving services
- Drive office vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel;
- Deliver and collect mail, documents and other items to Government Offices/Embassies/Commercial Establishments/ UN Offices;
- Meet official personnel and visitors at the airport, including visa and customs formalities arrangements when required;
- Verify that all passengers wear seatbelts at all times in the vehicle;
- Ensure all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents;
- Adhere to relevant job specific guidelines and policies of UN Women such as but not limited to the vehicle management policy;
- Ensure vehicle comply with the Minimum Operating Security Standards (MOSS).
2. Provide proper use of vehicle
- Ensure cost-saving by driving responsibly;
- Maintain daily vehicle logs, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil change, servicing, greasing, repairs;
- Provide inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
3. Provide day to day maintenance of the assigned vehicle
- Ensure that the official vehicle is kept clean and is always in good working condition;
- Make minor repairs and make arrangements for major repairs;
- Change oil, check tires, lights horn, clutch and brakes and wash car regularly;
- Ensure that vehicles comply with Minimum Operating Security Standards (MOSS).
4. Maintain and ensure availability of all required documents/supplies
- Maintain and ensure availability of all required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, and map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle;
- Ensure that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents.
5. Provide general administrative and logistic support as needed
- Assist office staff in filing, photocopying and maintaining required records;
- Assist in the mailing and distribution of publications and payments of bills, as required.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Excellent driving skills;
- Good knowledge of driving rules and regulations, local roads and conditions;
- Good defensive driving skills;
- Skills in minor vehicle repairs;
- Ability to be on time.
Key Performance Indicators
- Quality and timely driving services; safe and on-time
- Quality care and maintenance of vehicle
- Timely inputs to logs and records
Required Education, Experience & Skills
- Completion of secondary education is required;
- Valid driver’s license is required.
- At least 2 years of experience as a driver in an international organization, embassy or UN system with a safe driving record
- Fluency in English is required
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.
- Knowledge of protocol and security issues is an asset.
In July 2010, the United Nations General Assembly created UN Women, the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women. The creation of UN Women came about as part of the UN reform agenda, bringing together resources and mandates for greater impact. It merges and builds on the important work of four previously distinct parts of the UN system (DAW, OSAGI, INSTRAW and UNIFEM), which focused exclusively on gender equality and women’s empowerment.
Diversity and inclusion:
At UN Women, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment of mutual respect. UN Women recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, ability, national origin, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, competence, integrity and organizational need.
If you need any reasonable accommodation to support your participation in the recruitment and selection process, please include this information in your application.
UN Women has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UN Women, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to UN Women’s policies and procedures and the standards of conduct expected of UN Women personnel and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. (Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.)
How to Apply :