Senior Audit Associate – Cybersecurity at NMB Bank
Job Location :
- Perform/participate in the planning, execution and reporting of ICT and Cybersecurity audits with minimal supervision.
- Based on a review and evaluation of current Information systems internal controls, assess potential risk, and exposure to the bank, and prepare detailed audit programs describing tests to be performed.
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
- In consultation with Audit Managers, review IT and cybersecurity related risk assessment and audit programs for change or improvements, if any.
- Test and validate the security of IT systems, networks, and applications to ensure their resilience against cyber-attacks.
- Review and evaluate the design and effectiveness of existing network security devices and systems, such as firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and data encryption.
- Document findings and present reports to management, detailing any security risks and recommended remediation steps.
- Stay current with the latest cybersecurity trends, techniques, and technologies, and assist with the training and education of other team members.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of management, both internal and external, on security issues and trends
- Perform any other Audit, in the area of Information technology, Data analytics and other operational audits as assigned by management.
Knowledge and Skills:
- In-depth understanding of cybersecurity technologies, practices, and regulations, including data privacy and protection laws.
- Understanding of network architecture, protocols, and technologies, such as TCP/IP, DNS, and DHCP.
- Strong understanding of network security concepts and technologies, such as firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention systems, VPNs, and encryption.
- Knowledge of security standards, such as ISO 27001, NIST, and PCI DSS.
- Familiarity with security tools, such as firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and security information and event management (SIEM) solutions.
- Understanding of network architecture and security, including firewalls, routers, and switches.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to assess complex security scenarios and identify potential risks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present technical information to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple projects, and prioritize tasks effectively.
- Familiarity with project management methodologies, such as Agile and Waterfall.
- Strong technical background in network administration and security specifically in Network design and implementation, Network Security technologies, Network protocols, Network monitoring etc.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelors degree or its equivalent in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- Professional certifications, such as Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), Cisco Certified Network Associate Security (CCNA Security), CompTIA Security, Certified internal auditor (CIA) etc.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in IT/cybersecurity audits.
- Experience in conducting network security assessments and audits.
- Experience in developing and implementing security policies and procedures.
NMB Bank Plc is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and achieving gender balanced workforce.
Female candidates and people living with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
- BOFYA HAPA NA JIUNGE NASI TELEGRAM KWA NAFASI(4,218+ POSTS)
NMB Bank Plc does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Job closing date : 05-Jul-2023