Academic Positions at Hubert Kairuki Memorial University
Hubert Kairuki Memorial University (HKMU) invites applications from suitably qualified candidates, to be considered for employment in the following positions:
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
|1||Lecturer||Behavioural Science and Ethics, Pathology, Surgery|
|2||Senior Lecturer||Anatomy, Community Medicine, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology|
|3||Associate Professor||Anatomy, Community Medicine, Behavioral Science and Ethics, Paediatrics and Child Health, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology|
The main duties will include carrying out lectures, seminars, tutorials and practical sessions to undergraduate and postgraduate students; setting, invigilating and marking examination scripts for both undergraduate and postgraduate students; conducting research and disseminating research results, carrying out consultancy and community service; and to do any other relevant duties assigned by one’s supervisor.
Applicants for the position of Lecturer and Senior Lecturer must possess a minimum GPA of 3.5 or higher at undergraduate level and at postgraduate level GPA of at least 4.0 OR a PhD in the related field. Associate Professor must have been promoted to that position from a reputable higher learning institution.
- ENDOWMENT FUND MANAGER
The Endowment Fund Manager will be responsible for raising fund and running of the Hubert Kairuki Memorial University Endowment Fund Trust to ensure it achieves its mission and objectives.
- Regularly monitoring and evaluating fundraising and strategic plans of the Trust.
- Provide fund raising ideas/ proposals through various methods as provided in the Trust deed.
- Ensure quarterly and cumulative investment performance reports for the Endowment.
- Ensure proper custody of endowment holdings and necessary recordkeeping on investment transactions.
- Identify, updating and maintaining a robust database of stakeholders including prospective individuals, trust & foundations, corporate donors and supporters of HKMU.
- Collaborating and networking with individuals including HKMU Alumni and like-minded institutions.
- Advocating for and popularising the Fund in the community including the civil society and the private sector actors.
- Provide administrative support to the Trust (scheduling meetings, preparing in advance reports for discussion, and circulating the reports in advance to the Trustees one week before the meeting).
Applicants must be in possession of a master’s degree or its equivalent in the fields of business administration, finance, accounting or economics. Interested applicants must have at least five years of experience in financial services and fundraising.
Mode of Application
Interested candidates should apply in confidence enclosing a detailed current CV, certified copies of academic certificates and transcripts, names of TWO referees including their contacts. Applications should be sent by email to: email@example.com by 30th June 2023 with the subject of the position applied.