Press and Information Officer at European Union ( EU)
The European Union (EU) is an economic and political partnership between 27 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organizations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy.
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
The EU Delegation to the United Republic of Tanzania and to the East African Community works in close coordination with the Embassies and Consulates of the 27 EU Member States. We are a fully-fledged diplomatic mission and represent the European Union in dealings with the Tanzanian government in areas that are part of the EU’s remit.
The post of Press and Information Officer (Local Agent Group I) in the Political, Press and Information Section. Under this post, the recruited person will be attributed functions depending on the needs of the Delegation, and on the changes of these needs. The successful candidate will serve under the supervision and responsibility of the Head of Political, Press and Information, providing support, expertise and assistance in the relevant field.
Following main tasks and duties are currently required:
Under the overall guidance and close consultation with the Head Of Section:
- Keep the Ambassador updated on relevant Political, Economic, Social and Cultural development events in Tanzania;
- Under guidance of the Head of Section, contribute to political analysis and reporting;
- Prepare press articles and events with a view to promoting and protecting EU interests, values and policies in the media;
- Produce regular media reviews;
- Supplying the media with information on important developments in the EU and on relevant EU initiatives;
- Manage requests by journalists, be their focal point, and coordinate inputs by relevant colleagues;
- Keep close contact with relevant services in the EU HQ. Ensuring consistence and coherence of strategy and implementation with EU commission’s and other EU institution strategies;
- Ensure liaison with Press Officers in EU member states;
- Look in to possibilities to support capacity building of the media, including training for journalists;
- Manage the press and information budget of the delegation
- Support the Head of Section in the preparation and drafting of reports as required.
In coordination with Cooperation – Project Assistant
- Refine and implement the information and visibility strategy of the Delegation;
- Prepare and participate in site visits by Ambassador and other EU Officials;
- Improve and update the Delegation’s website and social media platforms;
- Supply the media with information on the Delegation’s activities (frequent press releases, press briefings involving the ambassador and or other staff of the Delegation);
- Prepare and edit Delegation’s publications and other information materials and manage the process for their publication and dissemination;
- Initiate and organise visibility and cultural events.
Press and Information Officer Job Vacancy at European Union ( EU)
The base salary will depend on relevant and verified employment experience, typically starting from a gross of TZS 6,669,550. There is a competitive benefits package, subject to certain conditions, including personal leave days and public holidays, health insurances and a retirement savings plan.
|Qualifications||University Degree in Political Science, Communication or related field of equivalent||Degree in Political Science, Communication|
|Professional experience||Minimum 3 years relevant professional experience in the area of political analyst, communication and visibility.|
|Knowledge of languages||Fluent in English and Kiswahili|
|Knowledge of IT tools||Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook|
How to apply?
Please send your detailed EuroPass CV in English filled in with the template available at https://europa.eu/europass/eportfolio/screen/cv-editor?lang=en and a Cover Letter in English. The cover letter should mention your motivation for applying.
All applications must be submitted through this email address:
The Subject of your email should be: Post No.184884 Press and Information Officer
Deadline : 07.07.2023