Intern Geologists – 4 Posts
Barrick Gold Corporation · Tanzania
Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Intern Geologist to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his/her team and the business and on a practical note will ensure activities in the Mineral Resources
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
Management department are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost-effective manner to achieve targets in accordance with BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
Reporting to: Senior Geologist
Work Schedule: Rotation Status (5 Days On, 2 Days Off)
Duration: 1 Year
- Ensure safe working environment, every personal going home safe and healthy every day.
- Ensure the works are performed in accordance with approved Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Supervising and coaching of Technicians/Assistants.
- Geological drilling supervision
- Ensure regular updates of geological sections/ level plans (flitches)
- Detailed geological and structural core logging and interpretation of results.
- Ensure core/chips sampling is done at high standard and adheres to strict QAQC procedures designed to ensure that each sample collected is representative of what has been drilled.
- Ensure correct Standards and Blanks are inserted at correct intervals into the sample stream.
- Ensure no core and data entry backlogs
- Buly MRM Geological reports (Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly) writing.
- Constant updates of the Geology daily/weekly presentation and show the confidence on drilling.
- Ensure you are aware of the drilling plan, where the holes are to be drilled, expected geology
- Assist with and participate in training programs for the development of all, Geological Technicians and Assistants in various aspects of geology, including detailed core logging and interpretation.
- Ensure appropriate sample and assay quality control measures are in place, adhered to, monitored and reported on.
- Complete other duties as required by senior geologists/Geologist and or their designated.
- Capable of working under minimal supervision with a systematic logical approach
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in Geology
- Valid driving license
- 6 Months experience preferably in mining or related industry
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong business understanding
- Team player
- Outstanding communication skills – oral, written, and presentation
- Continually improvement
- Delivery of results
- Ability to work independently
- Hazard identification and Risk assessment
- Mine health &Safety Act awareness