Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Dodoma, Tanzania
Deadline for Submission: 18th June 2023
At Nutrition International, we make a difference, because nutrition is the difference. Woven into the very fabric of our approach is the passion and drive of our global team of over 600 people, working in 13 offices across 11 countries with one common goal: transforming the lives of people who need it most through improved nutrition.Recommended:
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
If you are a motivated and passionate individual who shares our conviction that a better world is possible through improved nutrition, wants to leave the world a little better than they found it, and is looking to be part of a global team with a clear vision, we want to hear from you. Please consider applying for the position below.
Know our team
Nutrition International’s Corporate Service (CS) Unit is a dedicated team of Finance and Administrative experts with extensive global experience. The unit leads on providing global Accounting, Finance, Budget, and Compliance, Contracting and Procurement, Facilities management and Information Management and Information Technology (IM/IT). Corporate Services team are found in Nutrition International’s Head Quarters in Ottawa, Canada, as well as within our Regional and Country Offices throughout Africa and Asia. Currently Nutrition International is seeking applications for Finance and Administration Manager to be based in Dodoma, Tanzania.
You will have at least a Bachelor’s degree in Commerce and at
least 8 years’ working experience in development sector. ACCA or CPA
professional qualification is required.
At least 5 years’ working in a finance manager capacity and in program management environment including budget and grants management. Solid knowledge and experience managing Global Affairs of Canada grants, data base and Microsoft suite in an international non-profit entity and managing grants from donors such as FCDO, USAID, BMGF is preferred.
Skills in financial management and administration, attention to details, competent IT skills, team leader and player, problem solving skills, excellent communication skills and ability to work in a multicultural environment. Solid knowledge of accounting software, Great Plains (GP Dymanics) will be an asset. Fluent in written and spoken English and Swahili required.
About the role
contribute to the effectiveness of Nutrition International (NI) program in Tanzania through providing efficient program and administrative support services to the program staff to ensure timely and efficient micronutrient program delivery, in line with NI’s policies, procedures, and objectives.
In this role you will:
• Provide guidance and serve as a resource person to program and finance staff for the Contracts Database (CDB).
• Review and process contracts and supporting documentation in the Contract Lifecycle Management system (CLM).
• Monitor the CDB for the CO monthly by following up with project staff on all contracts and milestones that are past their activity date.
• Ensure the completeness and accuracy of the funding approval form, contract approval sheet, payment request form and other related documents to be submitted to the Regional Office (RO) for processing/approvals as per the delegation of authority.
• Review and provide comments to the Regional Finance Director on approval applications for changes to grant/consulting agreement conditions (budget supplements, time extensions) as well as any ensuing amendments.
• Ensure compliance with established NI policies for the release and approval for signature of legal documents (grant agreements, consulting contracts, travel letters, extensions and supplement requests.)
• Conduct 100% review of project financial documents for accuracy, reliability, completeness and compliance with the Contribution Agreement compliance regulations.
• Responsible for compliance management of the BRIGHT Project by ensuring all partner expenses and NI’s are all within the GAC compliance regulations as stipulated in the Contribution Agreement.
• Responsible for preparation and submission of donor financial reports and support schedules to RO/HQ review and approval within the defined timelines.
• Reviewing and validate 100% of partner financial reports to confirm accuracy, correctness, and compliance with signed contracts.
• Coordinate and consolidate the annual project budget for the CO and assist Finance Director in finalizing the budget submissions.
• Lead in preparation and review of annual financial statements and financial support documentations in preparation for statutory and program audits
• Lead in processing of periodic closures through preparation of reports and reconciliations
• Review and post transactions in Microsoft Dynamics GP, extract and manipulate reports as maybe required from the system.
• Review and approve payrolls and all payments in the country office.
What we offer
A competitive market pay, health and dental benefits and
pension plan, flexible work hours, work from home, four weeks of
vacation (plus public holidays) and support for learning and development
opportunities. We offer a collaborative and engaging work environment.
This contract is up to three year with a possibility of extension subject to funds availability and other factors. Selected candidates must have current legal entitlement to work in Tanzania. We thank you for your interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Nutrition International is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible work environment. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process.
Please note that all our offers are conditional subject to appropriate screening checks and satisfactory reference checks.
For more detailed information about the role, please click on the attached Job Description . Please click on the Apply button to submit your application.