JOB TITLE: CHICKEN COOPS COORDINATOR (1)
Global Volunteers is a private, nonsectarian, international, human and economic development organization in consultative status with the United Nations. Established in 1984, Global Volunteers is one of the largest organizations of its kind having engaged more than 34,000 volunteers in 34 countries. At the invitation of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Tanzania, Iringa Diocese, Global Volunteers has worked in the Iringa region since 1987.
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
Reaching Children Potential (RCP) program is a child-focused, parent-driven, family-centered, and community-led comprehensive approach that begins with pregnancy, continues through the 18th birthday with emphasis on the first 1,000 days of life.
This program offers parents the tools to deliver the 12 essential services prescribed by UN agencies in the Essential Package. We organized these services into three major categories – eradicating Hunger, improving Health, and enhancing Cognition. Hunger and Health directly support Cognition. Learn more at https://globalvolunteers.org/tanzania-rcp-you-can-make-the-difference/
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Global Volunteers is seeking a qualified applicant to serve as RCP Program CHICKEN COOPS COORDINATOR for the RCP program in Ukwega Ward, Kilolo District, Iringa Region.
Global Volunteers is looking for individual who is responsible, enthusiastic, quick learner, and able to work well with others of varying backgrounds and education levels.
Applicant should also be comfortable working with parents, children, and other family members enrolled in the RCP Program. The position requires significant walking in order to conduct home visits. Successful applicant will need to live in and be able to relocate to Ukwega Ward, Kilolo District – Iringa Region.
The primary duties of Chicken Coop Coordinator are:
- Supervise and participate in construction of proper and up to standard chicken coops as per approved design.
- Continuously improve chicken coops construction and management through research of current practices
- Handling of all approved vaccines
- Keeping records and information of mortality, feeding, watering, eggs production e.t.c
- Help families embrace and adopt the learnings from the workshops during home visits;
- Learn from the volunteers and reinforce that information with families on home visits;
- Perform any other duties assigned in a professional and appropriate manner.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: This individual must be well grounded in and have a strong commitment to Global Volunteers’ Philosophy of Service and the goals of the organization. Must communicate clearly in oral and written form. Required to have strong people skills. Must be able to work with minimal supervision. Must have demonstrated ability in spreadsheet (MS EXCEL) and Internet applications.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIREMENT: Holder of Diploma in one of the following fields; Animal Health and Production, Veterinary Science or equivalent from a recognized institution with proven working experience in Poultry Farming.
COMPENSATION: This is a full-time job (40+ hours per week)
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications are invited to submit updated CV and cover letter through email@example.com no later than 25th May, 2023