Nyerere Postgraduate Scholarship Tenable In The United Kingdom For The Academic Year 2023-2024 The General Public is hereby informed that the Centre of African Studies is offering the Nyerere Postgraduate Scholarship, a one-year full-time postgraduate scholarship for eligible Tanzanian students to study at the University of Edinburgh. This scholarship is aimed for students domiciled in Tanzania to study MSc Africa and International Development in the Centre of African Studies starting in August, 2023.
- ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
The requirements for qualification into the Programme are:
- Must have the equivalent of a UK first class or upper second-class Honours degree at undergraduate level in a Humanities or Social Science subject.
- Must have applied for admission to the full-time MSc Africa and International Development programme.
- Must include a well written personal statement, statement of skills and references. References submitted will be used to assess your scholarship application.
- SCHOLARSHIP COVERAGE
The scholarship will cover
- Tuition Fees; and
- Annual stipend (will be paid in quarterly instalments and payments are made in September and December, 2023; March and June, 2024)
Please note: – The Nyerere scholarship cannot be held alongside any other
– The scholarship funding is for one year only.
– This scholarship does not cover airfare and visa application cost.
There will be no top-up loan or grant from the Government of Tanzania for candidates who will be offered this scholarship.
- APPLICATION PROCESS AND PROCEDURES
Eligible applicants are required to observe the following procedures:
- The online scholarship application form is located in EUCLID and can be accessed via MyEd at the scholarship portal https://www.myed.ed.ac.uk.
- When logging in to MyEd, you will need your University User Name and password. If you require assistance, please go tohttp://www.ed.ac.uk/student-systems/support-guidance.
- Please note that, in order to gain access to the scholarship application system, applicants must have applied for admission to the University of Edinburgh.
- Complete the application form and submit to the MSc programme (including personal statement and statement of skills, references, payment of fee etc.).
- Submit the application through the scholarship portal. This involves providing a statement on what Nyerere’s legacy means to you and how it connects to your future ambitions.
- Please submit your MSc application at least five working days before the set deadline to allow you access to the scholarship application form before it closes.
- The applications deadline is 15th June, 2023, 01:59 EAT.
Ministry of Education, Science and Technology,
P. O. Box. 10,