People & Culture Manager at Four Seasons
Four Seasons Serengeti invites passionate and talented individuals to join our world-class team at our luxurious resort located in the heart of the stunning Serengeti National Park. As an internationally renowned hospitality brand, we strive to deliver exceptional experiences to our esteemed guests. If you possess a genuine commitment to service excellence and a desire to work in a breathtaking natural
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
environment, we invite you to apply for the position of People & Culture Manager (Human Resources Manager)
This position is open for Tanzanian Nationals.
BASIC PURPOSE: To assist the Director of People and Culture with the direction of all aspects of the People and Culture division including benefits administration, employee relations, recruitment and retention of staff, communication to staff, career development of staff, wage & hour compliance, training, workers’ compensation and legal matters related to Lodge employees.
1. Reports to shift on time. Is aware of schedule at all times and if unable to attend work, notifies the Manager in adequate time.
2. Conducts self in a professional manner at all times. Adheres to the established standard of conduct and house rules, fire regulations, and department procedures and policies. Act as an objective 3rd party in employee counseling, problem solving conflict situations and communicate to Director of People and
Culture any circumstances that may raise legal issues for the Lodge
3. Identify, analyze and initiate appropriate actions to resolve any unsatisfactory pattern of employee turnover.
4. Manage the financial issues for the P&C budget including benefits, labor & salary reports and plan cost effective events within the P&C budget guidelines.
5. Conduct regular audits of insurance records, work authorization records, leave and sick allowances.
6. Maintain employment files and other records personally and through delegation in a detailed manner on paper and in the Workday.
7. Comply with and enforce Four Seasons’ Category One and Category Two Work Rules and Standards of Conduct as set forth in the Employee handbook.
8. Work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors while maintaining the confidentiality of People and Culture.
9. Administer and train employees on behalf of People and Culture including but not limited to Embark, benefits, core and culture standards.
10. Recruitment interviews, Coordinate interviews with other Managers, preparing of offer letter to suitable candidates using BBI.
11. Responsible for Managing of Jobs.Serengeti email account.
12. Represent the lodge in employee’s disciplinary procedures (Hearings) and any labour cases.
13. Responsible for ensuring all work and residence permit are in place.
14. Ensuring of departments job descriptions are maintained and updated.
1. Organize and supervise all employee recreation programs include parties, general meetings, employee relations events, etc.
2. Respond to and attend any related hearings for all employee claims against the Lodge including Workers’ Compensation, Unemployment, Department of Labor and Wage & Hour concerns.
3. Actively support the Lodge Committees (incl. Safety, Green, Cafeteria, etc).
4. Ensure that the cafeteria, employee entrance and Accommodation areas are clean and orderly.
5. Perform any other duties as assigned by Management.
6. May be required to temporary relocate to Arusha logistics office to help.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Education: College education or equivalent experience
Experience: Experience required by the position is from three to four years of employment in a
related position with Four Seasons or another organization.
Skills and Abilities: Requires a general working knowledge of Labor laws.
Working knowledge is generally learned on the Job or through a series of professional
Requires knowledge of the ability to operate computer equipment.
Ability to read and speak and write English.