Inter-consult Ltd is a leading, dynamic ISO 9001: 2015 Certified Multidisciplinary Consultancy Company operating in Tanzania and the East African Region for over 44 years offering services ranging from Studies, Designs, and Supervision to Management of projects in the infrastructure sector.
We are a Subconsultant to WORLEY in the EAST AFRICA CRUDE OIL PIPELINE Project (EACOP). The Company is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the following position
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
H & S ADVISORY (9 posts)
H&S Advisor will assist the H&S Lead by providing input to the development of targeted HSE Improvement Plans and associated support documents. Monitor H&S alignment with approved Plans and build/maintain solid relationships by proactively engaging with Company, Partners, and Contractors. The role will participate in project Go / No-go H&S reviews for project mobilization, supporting contractor HSE assessments, evaluations, and pre-qualifications as required. Provide support and participate in H&S Risk Assessments and monitoring of sites and offices to verify the implementation of HSE Management Program. The H&S Advisor reports to the H&S Lead.
- Preferably an internationally recognized HSE certificate, combined with five (5) years’ of field experience. A local HSE certification combined with suitable field experience that supports the execution of the onshore Pipeline and related AGI, MST facilities and EITS infrastructure works scopes may be acceptable.
- 5 years of construction experience preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of HSE management systems.
- Experience in reviewing HSE metrics to report accurate KPIs and potential noncompliance status back to the project management team
R3 CO-ORDINATOR (1 post)
The R3 Coordinator is responsible for supporting the R3 Senior Coordinator with ensuring the journey management systems and processes, medical evacuation plans, and security programme, process and procedures are being maintained at all site locations within their area of operation, to ensure that the site security function is maintained in an appropriate and contractual manner effectively monitoring all site locations within remit to ensure optimal security and emergency response process are being adhered to, by contractors and employees, at the site, and all equipment is secured appropriately.
- International qualification Certified Protection Professional (CPP) or Certified Security Management
- Professional (CSMP) is an added advantage.
- 5 years’ experience in security and/or emergency management related field.
- Previous experience required in similar role and/or industry (project specific) related field
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate well in English language, verbal and written.
SITE LIFTING SPEICALIST (6 posts)
The Site Lifting Advisor is responsible for reviewing and coordinating the lifting requirements of the EPcmC staff & CONTRACTORS. They will ensure all lifting and rigging works are carried out using safe working practices and are completed in accordance with the project codes, standards, drawings, and specifications.
The Site Lifting Advisor will be a key focal point between field engineering, site supervision, and Lot Manager for communicating general and critical lifting activities and the required preparation, planning, and set-up of lifting/rigging equipment within respective allocated work scope packages.
- Engineering degree and qualifications with a certification scheme such as; LEEA, EAL, OPITO, CPA, or other Company agreed applicable discipline certifications that support the field and site lifting management and execution of the onshore Pipeline and related AGI, MST facilities and EITS infrastructure works.
- A minimum of 15 years of greenfield site lifting/rigging/transport experience working in the Oil & Gas sectors.
- 10 years of lifting/rigging experience working within a crossfunctional oil & gas pipeline project team
- 10 years of lifting/rigging experience working in onshore operations in various duties, such as Rigging Foreman; Rigging Supervisor; Lifting Supervisor; Lifting Superintendent; Site Lifting Advisor
- Experience in training, mentoring, and coaching junior lifting engineers
- Experience in developing lifting plans, calculations, and crane set-ups for single and tandem lifts
- Experience in inspection of lifting and rigging equipment such as; general and specialized rigging equipment, all types of Cranes (onshore & offshore), containers & CCU’s, forklift trucks and stackers, winches and powered hoists, overhead traveling cranes, runway beams and swing jibs, wire rope blocks.
MATERIALS CONTROLLER (4 posts)
- The Material Controller is required to ensure that all materials databases and project reporting tools are updated and maintained concisely and accurately with the latest information. The job holder will also implement materials management strategies and plans.
- The role oversees all -third-party Verification, inspection (as required), and receipt of all project material.
- The role oversees all -third-party Verification, inspection (as required), and receipt of all project material.
- Be a safety role model in the safe delivery of required work, with demonstrable experience in intervention to ensure both implementation and maintenance of best practices at all times.
- Commit to and promote Company values and ensure the realization of company and project health, safety, environment, quality and ethics, systems, policies, and procedures. This role reports to the Lead Material Controller.
- Tertiary/Professional qualification in materials management systems with at least 2 years within the oil and gas sector, degree or diploma in ENGINEERING, logistics, or relevant field or related professional experience
- 5 years of Materials Management Systems experience
QC Advisor – EIT (10 posts)
The QC Advisor – EIT (Electrical, Instrument, and Telecommunications) reports to the Construction Superintendent (EIT) and has the responsibility to assist the construction team to interpret the Approved Construction design and assist to respond to formal construction queries. The role will assist construction supervisors during installation, testing, commissioning, and maintain communications systems and equipment.
They will ensure the work is carried out using safe working practices and is completed in accordance with the project codes, standards, drawings, and specifications.
- Degree qualification (BS) in electrical/instrumentation/telecom engineering or other Company agreed applicable discipline qualifications that support the construction management, execution, and commissioning of the IET packages within the onshore Pipeline and related AGI, MST facilities and EITS infrastructure scopes.
- Electrical/instrumentation inspection-related working experience including 10 years proven work experience as QA/QC Electrical Advisor or quality engineer in the oil & gas industry.
- Previous Quality assurance/engineering experience and demonstrated knowledge/use of Quality tools/methodologies.
- Membership of a related Professional Institution or body preferred.
- Experience in reviewing field quality metrics to create accurate reporting KPI’s to verify compliance trends
SPREAD SUPERVISOR (6posts)
The Spread Supervisor is responsible for field supervision of the day- to-day construction activities of the EPcmC staff & CONTRACTORS. They will ensure work is carried out using safe working practices and is completed in accordance with the project codes, standards, drawings, and specifications. The spread Supervisor’s areas of responsibility will be; ROW preparation and access, stringing, stacking, and general pipeline construction activities within the spread package allocation.
- Tertiary/Professional qualification in pipeline construction management or other Company agreed applicable discipline qualifications that support the construction management and execution of the onshore Pipeline and related AGI, EITS, and MST facilities work scopes
- A minimum of 10 years of greenfield pipeline construction experience working in the Oil & Gas sectors.
- 6~10 years of pipeline construction experience working within a cross-functional oil & gas pipeline project team supporting; field engineering, interface, pipeline construction, and commissioning readiness.
- Experienced in analyzing live construction metrics to create accurate reporting KPIs and progress status back to the Lot Manager and project management team.
JETTY PILING/STR SUPERVISOR (2 Posts)
The Jetty Piling/Structural Supervisor is responsible the supervision of all works associated with the marine piling, steel and concrete work in country, the goal being to ensure that works are undertaken by the Contractor safely, to contractual quality standards and to schedule. Additionally, interfacing with environmental and social staff is to be undertaken to ensure EACOPs net-zero-impact goals are met. For this an understanding and appreciation of these complex aspects is required. The position will report both functionally and on a day-to-day basis to the nominated Jetty Construction Lead.
- Degree/Diploma in Engineering (civil/geotechnical based) with a minimum of 5 years’ marine-based construction experience
- Must possess minimum 2 years’ construction experience in offshore piling work
- Staff management experience (knowledge transfer)
- Good communications skills, written and spoken English and basic computer skills.
- Competency in written/oral communication with attention to detail
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, eagerness to learn/ develop
- Ability to travel as and when required and live in relatively remote/rural locations
QUANTITY SURVEYORS (4posts)
The Quantity Surveyor is responsible for supporting the project controls department to ensure the correct processes are employed across the project to facilitate cost control, quantities, timelines, reporting, and verification. The role will be required to participate & provide input to schedules, budgets, and quantity assessment reports. Facilitate and participate in quantity studies, reviews, and audits across the project. The role will report functionally to the Project Controls management and on a day-to-day basis to the nominated Site Manager/Company Site Representative.
- Minimum of 5 Years of Tertiary or Professional experience within an oil and gas construction project, preferably with 2 years of pipeline experience.
- Strong understanding and progressing ability for all construction disciplines including but not limited to civil, structural, piping, electrical, instrumentation, mechanical, coatings, heat tracing, insulation, and fireproofing.
- Experience in analyzing data to report accurate KPI’s and potential non-compliance status back to the project management team
PROJECT ACCOUNTANTS (1 post)
The Project Accountant will be responsible for the administration of project reporting and commercial financial support. The position will be required to report functionally to the Finance Manager.
- Tertiary qualification, Diploma / Degree in accounting, or 3 – 5 years experience in project accounting with an engineering-based organization.
- Knowledge of accounts receivable / credit control activities, n Experience with ERP systems.
- Excellent time management and attention to detail.
CONSTRUCTION SUPERVISOR-CIVIL (3 posts)
The Construction Supervisor (Civils) is responsible for the Supervision of the day-to-day construction activities of the EPcmC staff & CONTRACTORS. They will ensure work is carried out using safe working practices and is completed in accordance with the project codes, standards, drawings, and specifications.
- Tertiary/Professional qualification in construction management or other Company agreed applicable discipline qualifications (degree preferred) that support the construction management and execution of the onshore Pipeline and related AGI, MST facilities and EITS infrastructure works scopes.
- A minimum of 10 years of greenfield site civil construction experience working in the Oil & Gas sectors.
- Demonstrated experience in similar lead roles in a civils capacity.
- 8 years of construction experience working within a crossfunctional oil & gas pipeline project team supporting; field engineering, interface, contractor construction, and commissioning readiness.
- Experience working with and analyzing construction data to report accurate KPIs and progress status back to the Superintendent and/or project management team
CONSTRUCTION SUPERVISOR(3 posts)
The Construction Supervisor is responsible for Supervision of the day-to-day construction activities of the EPCMC staff & CONTRACTORS. He/she will ensure the work is carried out using safe working practices and is completed in accordance with codes, standards, drawings, and specifications. Supervise the execution of construction works ensuring full compliance with safety and quality standards and procedures and verify that works are correctly carried out in accordance with project documentation and in the planned time frame.
- Degree in Civil Engineering or relevant qualification (HNC/HND) combined with extensive field experience.
- Minimum of 10 years experience required in a similar position within pipeline construction projects.
- Must possess construction experience in ground preparation, Civil Engineering, earthworks and structures experience
LOGISTICS CO-ORDINATOR (4 posts)
The Logistics Coordinator will be responsible for all Logistics interfaces between EACOP – EPcmC Logistics / Supply Chain / all Construction Contractors / Main Logistics Contractors on site along the ROW. The job will require the incumbent to move to the various construction sites along the Feeder / Main Pipeline route in Tanzania as the construction schedule dictates.
- Diploma or degree qualification with 5 years’ experience within project traffic and logistics on-site experience
- Must have a practical knowledge of the dispatch of vehicles including paperwork, routing, restraint, and dangerous goods.
- Must have a practical knowledge of the dispatch of vehicles including paperwork, routing, restraint, and dangerous goods. Dangerous goods qualification is desirable.
- Must have experience of Logistic Management and Field-related work with specific experience in Logistic project work.
QC -ADVISOR (Civil/Structural Steel (2 posts)
The QC Advisor (Civil, Structural Steel) is responsible for supervising the day-to-day construction activities of the EPcmC staff & CONTRACTORS. They will ensure work is carried out using safe working practices and is completed in accordance with the project codes, standards, drawings, and specifications.
- Degree in Civil Engineering or relevant qualification combined with extensive field experience or other Company agreed applicable discipline qualifications that support the execution of civil and structural steel works for the onshore Pipeline and related AGI, MST facilities and EITS infrastructure works scopes
- A minimum of 5 years of greenfield site civil and structural steel construction experience
CONSTRUCTION SUPERVISOR EIT- (2 Posts)
Supervisor-EIT Advisor with expertise in areas such as power generation, power distribution, lighting, HVAC systems and Integrated Control and Safety System (ICSS), associated with Power Distribution and Telecommunication and Security Systems. Responsible for overseeing the installation and commissioning of EITS System and interfaces with construction contractors to ensure optimal construction sequence. Responsible to ensure the right technical talent is selected and identify any additional training required for new employees in construction and testing activities to ensure that project is completed on time and within budget.
- Degree in Engineering (Electrical or Instrumentation & Control)
- Experience in onshore pipeline installation projects an added advantage.
- Staff management experience (knowledge transfer)
- Excellent communications skills
- Advanced written and spoken English n Basic Comouter Skills
- Competency in written/oral communication
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to travel as and when required
How to Apply:
Applicants should send their CV’s together with copies of their certificates to the following email address: E-mail: email@example.com
The deadline for submitting the application is 25 June 2023.