Dar es Salaam
Driving the growth of communications in Africa and the Middle East Helios Towers is a market-leading telecom tower infrastructure company
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
Group Security Manager Job Vacancy at Helios Towers
About the job
Helios Towers is a leading independent telecommunications infrastructure company, having established one of the most extensive tower portfolios across Africa. It builds, owns and operates telecom passive infrastructure, providing services to mobile network operators. Helios Towers currently operates in 8 markets in Africa and Oman in the Middle East.
This role is responsible for supporting the Helios Towers Operating Companies (OpCo’s) to deliver site security in line with Site Security Policy. With the variable and dynamic local security levels, this role will work with the teams and partners to ensure that the solution is fit for purpose.
The purpose of an HT Site Security Solution will protect assets on site from theft and vandalism whilst ensuring the safety of any guards. Consideration is given to technology and contract management to drive the effectiveness of the solution.
The role can be based in Dubai, Malawi, Madagascar, South Africa, Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), Congo Brazzaville, Ghana, Senegal, Tanzania or Oman (depending on the base location of the candidate).
As a Group Security Manager, you will be able to:
- Develop the Security team to effectively manage our Partners and ensure SHEQ is a key focus in all that we do.
- Provide commercial and contract management support to ensure we achieve maximizing performance.
- Maintain effective visibility through monthly risk reviews with all Security Managers. Identify opportunities for improvement and initiate Business Excellence projects to drive performance.
- Working directly with the Security & SHEQ teams and any external sources of information, develop and maintain a Group Site Security Risk register that will be communicated to key stakeholders to determine any changes in country threat levels.
- Respond to escalating/reducing risk levels by assembling the appropriate team and determining the appropriate action plan. Present monthly security updates of incidents and solutions to all departments.
- Work with the Engineering and Operation teams to identify new technologies that can be introduced to improve the security of our sites.
- Evaluate existing security contracts with our partners to see when improvements can be made. Ensure the safety and welfare of our guards within these contracts and there is alignment with any local law.
- Crisis Management – Attend/run hourly, daily calls (as frequent as necessary) to bring a quick resolution to identified risks. Travel to OpCo to support escalating issues to ensure any impact is eliminated or minimized.
- Support each OpCo with the annual Capex & Opex Budget Process to include any provisions required to address improvements in security. Monitor that all security partners are paid on time.
- Ensure all OpCo’s adhere to the Site Security Policies, Processes, and Procedures in the Document
- Management System (DMS) & ISO certification. Lead the annual review of these documents to ensure they remain up to date.
- Benchmarking performance internally and against other Tower Companies, sharing best practices between OpCo’s
- Works to achieve operational targets within the job area with a direct impact on department results
- Provides measurable input to new processes or standards in operational plans that will have some impact on the achievement of overall function results
- Sets objectives for own job area to meet the objectives or goals of overall function and group strategy
- Improve productivity and quality through recommending and delivering best practice initiatives
- Provide inputs to the Manager (as required) relating to progress made within the department and in accordance with the measurement metrics set by the organization
- Role will require extensive travel across our markets
- Group Security Manager Job Vacancy at Helios Towers
To succeed in the role, you will be/will have:
- Ideally 10 years relevant experience in Security, 5 years working in Africa, and minimum of 3-5 years working in a Management Position
- Experience working in a large organization/publicly listed organization
- Speak French & English
- Educated to degree level
- Lean Six Sigma Certification Ideal
- Knowledge of Risk management, Budget, and contract management
- Building and supporting Teams
- Driving continuous innovation
- Effective Communication
- Takes initiative
- Manages time