JOB ADVERT – TRIBOLOGIST (1 VACANCY)
Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Tribologist to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align with the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note will ensure activities in the Engineering department are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost-effective manner to achieve targets in accordance with BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
Reporting to: Maintenance Superintendent
- Oversees the selection and performance specifications of all lubricants.
- Ensures lubricants are optimally selected with respect to cost, reliability, energy conservation, safety, quality, and environmental factors.
- Selection of lubrication equipment and contamination control products
- Writes lubrication procedures to be consistent with best practice.
- Provides data integration and interface to other reliability sections for conditional monitoring-based technology activities, including vibration, and thermography in the pursuit of preventive maintenance.
- Analysis of all fuel and lubricants delivery to the site, making sure they meet the required standards.
- Analysis of all used lubricants testing at mine site for critical equipment and prevent premature failure of major components mine wide.
- Analysis of virgin lubes and transformer oils Analysis of used transformer oil
- Analysis of waste oil as a proof they are unfit for use before disposal
- Daily\monthly in house calibration and validation of laboratory equipment so they work at highest possible precision.
- Stock control\forecasting usage of laboratory consumables and standards
- Annual PM Schedule service, calibration, validation, and implementation of laboratory equipment by external service provider.
- Adherence to prescribed laboratory safety guidelines BUL-EMN-GUI-0001 to mitigate hazard and risks for accident prevention.
- Adherence to prescribed lubricants and fuels quality standards BUL-ENM-STD-0003
- Degree in analytical chemistry/Chemical engineering/Mechanical engineering
- Exposure to working with Spectro Q100, LNF Q200, Ferro check2000, Spectro-visc, Fluid scan, Megger OTS 60PB in the mine oil industry laboratory is an added advantage.
- Minimum 5yrs preferably in the mine industry
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to prioritize samples needing immediate results
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- The ability to diagnose faults and rectify laboratory equipment
- Be resilient, multi-tasked, multi-displinary and pro-active
- Affinity to lubrication knowledge
- Good communication Skills, English & Swahili
Our mission is to be the world’s most valued gold and copper mining business. We are committed to partnering with our host countries and communities to transform their natural resources into tangible benefits and mutual prosperity.
With operating mines and projects in 18 countries, Barrick’s highly diversified workforce is drawn almost entirely from our host nations and equipped with world-class skills. We set the gold standard in sustainability by embedding environmental, social and economic considerations into all of our business decisions.
The company’s shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol GOLD and on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol ABX. Learn more at www.barrick.com or follow us on LinkedIn.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Bulyanhulu is situated in north-west Tanzania, in the Kahama district of the Shinyanga region, approximately 55 kilometres south of Lake Victoria and 150 kilometres southwest of the city of Mwanza.
Bulyanhulu is a narrow-vein gold mine containing gold, silver and copper mineralisation in sulphides. The mineralisation of Bulyanhulu is associated with a number of steeply-dipping veins. Bulyanhulu commenced commercial production in 2001.