Specialist Regulatory Reporting at CRDB
JOB REPORTING TO: SENIOR MANAGER FINANCIAL PLANNING & REGULATORY REPORTING
The purpose of the job is to compile statutory reports in accordance with financial policy and regulatory bodies.
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE ROLE
- Support the development & implementation of controls to ensure the timeliness, accuracy, and completeness of regulatory reports to regulators.
- Research new regulatory developments and reporting requirements and proactively assist businesses, operations, and technology to understand their impact.
- Tracking of regulatory changes/amendments, assessing their impact, and communicating with management.
- Work jointly with other stakeholders in the industry to advocate for changes in regulatory regimes to ensure that the Bank’s interests are properly represented and safeguarded.
- Coordinate Bank activities aimed at ensuring readiness for full adoption of Basel II & III accords.
- Work collaboratively with other stakeholders within the Bank to carry out the Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Process (ICAAP) and other regulatory sensitivity analyses.
- Monitor daily compliance with regulatory and internal limits/ratios.
- Liaise with both internal audit/external audit or regulator on any queries related to returns or reports prepared.
- Review and update procedure manuals on regulatory reporting on a regular basis.
- Carrying out periodic capital reviews to ensure adequate capital levels are maintained.
- Work with other stakeholders within the Bank to streamline and automate regulatory reporting processes to achieve operational efficiency.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES REQUIRED FOR THE ROLE
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- Banking industry experience in similar roles of at least 3 years.
- Professional qualifications CPA, TIOB will be an added advantage.
- Good Communication and Presentation skills
- Self-motivated and a good team player
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills, internally and externally.
- Commitment and accountability
- Supervisory/Leadership Skills i.e., lead by examples
- Ability to inspire others.
Legal Officer at CRDB
Reporting to: Head of Legal
The Legal Officer will provide legal support to the operations of the Institution, with special emphasis on litigation, corporate, banking, and corporate finance. In coordination with the legal department team, the Legal Officer will be responsible for reviewing and preparing contracts and other corporate and legal documents, ensuring compliance with banking and microfinance applicable legislation and regulations, representing the affiliate before the regulator, competent courts and other authorities as well as ensuring compliance with labour and employment obligations. In addition, the Legal Officer will be responsible for identifying legal risks associated with the operations of the Institution and proposing mechanisms for mitigating such risks.
- Process Company legal documents, loans, grants, credit documentation and security instruments such as mortgage deeds, debenture and the like.
- Review internal documents and policies to ensure they are drafted in accordance with applicable legislation.
- Reviewing and preparing, as necessary, contracts and documentation used by the Company in the business of providing microfinance services to its clients.
- Assisting in the preparation and drafting of reports and communications to the regulator
- Provide updates to the Head of Legal and or a person acting in that position on issues affecting the operations of the Company.
- Providing support to the Company to ensure compliance by the Company of its labour and employment obligations as an employer of its staff, including registering with local authorities and entering into employment contracts drafted in accordance with local law and that protect the interests of the Company
- Providing legal opinions based on local laws regarding various aspects of the operations of the Company.
- Prepare court documents and represent the Company in courts of law.
- Assist in drafting legal demand letters to default clients.
- Participate in the training of staff in all legal issues arising out of the FINCA Tanzania business and operations. These may include assisting them to identify genuine securities, legal implications of illegal recoveries, fraud etc.
- Perform all other duties assigned to him/her by the Head of Legal and/or Chief Executive Officer or a person acting in that position.
- Manage and coordinate weekly and monthly reporting
- Coordinate with external counsels on the status of cases and report to HOL.
- Maintaining resources and overseeing cases relating to litigation collection and ensuring timely reporting on the cases and close follow-ups on fraud prosecution handled by external lawyers
- Pursuing claims by the subsidiary as determined and defending the subsidiary against claims by third parties
Education, Professional Qualifications and work experience requirement
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law (LL.B) from a recognized University/Institution.
- Possession of a Master’s Degree will be an added advantage.
- Admission as Advocate of the High Court.
- Relevant professional qualifications in Law and Banking
- Minimum of three (3) years working experience.
- Relevant professional qualifications in Law and Banking
- Conceptual and Analytical Skills: Must be able to conceptualize issues and analyze proposals to great detail to understand underlying issues.
- Ability to interpret central bank policies of financial regulations and implement them within NCBA’s strategic plan.
- Ability to interpret the statutory requirements on all aspects of the bank‘s operations.
- Ability to assess material evidence and advice on appropriate legal measures.
- Keeps abreast of legal issues that affect the bank.