Watu Credit Dar es-Salaam, Tanzania
About the job
Warehouse Officer at Watu Credit
WATU is a focus-driven, customer-centric company that believes everyone deserves the opportunity to be an entrepreneur and achieve their ambitious goals in life.
As Africa’s fastest growing Asset Finance Company, we see the continent’s bright and prosperous future and want to be part of making it a reality.
Our vision is to provide asset financing for motorcycles and three-wheelers to those who understand when provided with the right tools can fulfil their dreams and the needs of their families and community.
We Empower Entrepreneurs by providing the means needed to move and improve lives.
Our business is growing rapidly, and with more than 10,000+ customers in Tanzania, we are looking for an enthusiastic warehouse Officer in Dar es Salaam. Solely doers who are ready to roll up their sleeves and with their hard work and dedication create the impact needed in our communities.
Do you want to become a part of our ambitious and creative team of smart individuals and make a difference and you have what it takes? Then read on and apply for this exciting opportunity!
As a warehouse Officer, you will be responsible for overseeing all the activities in the Go down such as storage, dispatching of motorbikes and ensure total compliance to policies and procedures of Watu.
A successful Warehouse Officer is expected to adapt to the fast-paced culture of both the company, the market and the customers we serve.
Our customers are entrepreneurs. As a company, we are committed to aiding them in achieving their financial goals. It is imperative that the Warehouse Officer be engaged with the community they serve and committed equally to our customer’s and company’s goals.
- Ensure the Go down operates at peak efficiency, and report all cases of discrepancies.
- Ensure equipment utilization, inventory management, gate processes are in place.
- Ensure that all doors are doubly locked, windows have security steel grills, attractive and valuable items are well secured, security Guards and lights are always operational, control access into the warehouse.
- Implement go down operations systems provided by the Operations Control Manager.
- Oversee daily operations, while controlling and managing inventory and transits in and out of the
- Make sure you always uphold professional standards especially in difficult and stressful situations.
- Report all warehouse incidences, ensure materials are properly handled, First Aid kits are fully stocked, monitor functionality, and serve schedule of fire extinguishers, ensure to use personal protective equipment in the warehouse.
- Plan and lead the Go-down team effectively and efficiently – Plan daily, weekly and monthly activities
- Ensure that the branch follows safety, health and business laws and regulations.
- Fraud Prevention and Management.
- Performing any other duty that may be assigned from time to time
- Ensuring harmonious working environment in the go-down.
- Supervision and control of sales in the Godown, ensuring daily targets are met.
- Assessments for all bikes put on sale to be done the same day
- Supervise daily activities of the godown, including quality assurance, inventory control, internal transits and customer service.
- Schedule and oversee the godown team to meet the demands of the godown, and manage the flow and quality of work to maximize efficiency.
- Inspect equipment, tools, and machinery regularly, and oversee general maintenance as needed.
- Meet regularly with line managers to review, analyze, and develop actionable plans for productivity.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Excellent communication, Planning and organizational skills
- Integrity, enthusiasm and passion for continuous learning and development
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work harmoniously in an organization with diverse business operations
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities, able to effectively deal with people at all levels inside and outside of the Company
- High attention to detail and internal control
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Working experience in a Warehouse is an added advantage.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Be a part of an international, dynamic and driven team that has set their aspirations high and work hard to achieve those
- Opportunities to learn and grow together with us
- Competitive compensation package
- Health benefits
Do you see yourself being part of the WATU team? Then please apply with your CV and a cover letter, we are looking forward to working with you!
IT Managera at Watu Credit
As an IT Operations Manager you will be responsible for managing IT operations in the head office and branches within the framework and policies of the IT department. The IT Operations manager’s position is to manage the support team in order to support business operations via the helpdesk, overview and maintain software administration, network infrastructure and security functions as well as to run IT and system implementation projects. This role is critical as this individual directly affects the capabilities of smooth and continuous business operations.
Responsibilities and Duties
- IT support and system administration
- Revising the existing and setting up new ICT policies and procedures for the company and departments.
- Audits of IT systems.
- ICT risk assessment and management.
- Performing regular HW and SW inventories and assessments of employee/department/management needs, evaluation of the administration and user rights, performance tests.
- Full scope IT project management – budgeting, pipelining, distribution of tasks, team alignment, follow ups and reports.
- Investigation and managing implementation of new tools and systems according to department and process needs.
- Implementation and optimization of inner processes and procedures..
- Development of training and manuals to support created workflows and policies.
- Providing support and guidance of IT support via Helpdesk.
- Data and process flow visualisations and reports.
- Managing projects, accounts, agreements and licences with relatable vendors.
- Managing, leading and mentoring the IT team, growing the team in order to manage the necessary scopes.
- Working hand in hand with the Head of IT, IT department and other
involved departments as well as third parties in order to reach the set
- Follow Company and IT department internal policies
- Prepare internal reports
Key performance indicators
- Lead, coach, mentor and develop the team by having monthly 1-1s, mid year appraisals, annual appraisals and giving feedback in order to continuously improve performance
- Lead, monitor and achieve agreed deliverables as per project plan and timelines
- Solution of the 90% account administration tickets within the given onboarding SLA average
- To have 100% of network and infrastructure incidents investigated and incident report provided within the SLA average
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or relevant field
- Minimum Of 4 Years Of Experience In IT
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a similar role of IT or IT Project management and managerial role.
- Experience in managing system implementation projects and people management
- Knowledge of hardware maintenance and troubleshooting technical and MS issues
- Experience with system installation, configuration and analysis
- Thorough knowledge of networks and infrastructure
- Knowledge of data protection operations and system safety practices
- Hands on experience with network infrastructure and configurations
- Proficiency with Google products (Sheets, Docs, Slides, Drive), ability to use those tools for analytics and optimization of tasks and processes.
- Experience and skills with Active Directory/MS Server
- Understanding of the methodology of IT operations standards.
- Proficiency with Google Workspace and/or Google Cloud products, ability to use those tools for administration, analytics, creation and optimization of processes.
- Experience and skills with Data Studio or other data analysis and visualisation tools.
- Experience with project management tools, such as Jira, Gitlab, Spiceworks etc.
- Excellent communication skills – speech, presentation and written communication.
- High attention to detail and internal quality control.
- Strong motivational and organisational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work harmoniously in an organisation with diverse business operations.
- Ability to analyse data and use it effectively in order to make constructive decisions and reach set objectives.
- People & Leadership Skills
- Must adhere to the company code of conduct
- Embraces, leads and embeds change
- Must actively demonstrate the values of Watu
- Must lead, attend and participate in team meetings
- Motivates, coaches and develops others
- Clear Communication and active listening skills
- Strong Ethics and Standards