Jobs in Tanzania 2023: New Job Opportunities at IntraHealth International, Inc 2023
IntraHealth International, Inc Tanzania Jobs 2023
Quality Improvement Advisor
Job Category: Programs
Requisition Number: QUALI003013
Posted: March 7, 2023
Dar es Salaam, DAR P.O.BOX12007, TZA
IntraHealth International is currently seeking a Quality Improvement (QI) Advisor for an upcoming USAID opportunity for Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC) activity in Tanzania under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR).
About the Project
The project will build upon achievements of previous USAID-funded VMMC project and support the Government of Tanzania (GoT) through a five-year period to reduce new HIV infections and increase ownership of the VMMC program through scaling-up and sustaining VMMC coverage of 95 percent in five USAID supported regions, provide technical support for integration of VMMC into GoT’s routine health care service, and transition the VMMC services to GoT in line with the national sustainability plan by 2028. This activity consists of three main objectives: (1) expand access to safe, high-quality VMMC services for boys and men 15 years and above, (2) increase demand for and use of VMMC services, and (3) improve country ownership for continuity of integrated sustainable VMMC services.
The QI Advisor provides technical assistance in the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of VMMC continuous quality improvement (CQI) initiatives. The QI Advisor will work with Ministry of Health (MoH) to review national guidelines, training packages and standard operating procedures (SoPs) and tools to incorporate WHO, PEPFAR, national updates and evidence-based innovations. S/He will ensure adherence to the national VMMC guideline, SoPs and QI standards by trained health care workers (HCWs) and community health workers (CHWs). This position works with the MOH; President’s Office Regional Administration and Local Government (PORALG), and Regional and Council Health Management teams (R/CHMTs) and Health Facility Management Teams (HFMT) to integrate QI standards in their coordination, management, and oversight of VMMC services. S/he develops norms and standards for QI systems for the delivery of high quality VMMC services in collaboration with GoT and partners. S/he supports efforts led by MoH, PORALG, and R/CHMTs to refine and institutionalize methods and systems for CQI of VMMC services delivery. The QI Advisor works to strengthen and institutionalize quality assurance (QA)/QI processes and culture for VMMC services at all levels to support transition of the VMMC program to GoT for sustainability.
This position reports to the Deputy Chief of Party/Technical Director and is contingent upon award by USAID.
- Enhances the capacity of project staff to provide technical assistance for VMMC CQI interventions and strengthen the capacity of R/CHMTs, HFMT and facility QI teams to standardize and support sustainable CQI interventions.
- Provide technical assistance and strengthen the capacity of R/CHMTs, HFMT and facility QI teams to integrate Community Led Monitoring (CLM) interventions into routine VMMC CQI initiatives
- Work with MoH and other partners to revise and update national VMMC guidelines, training packages and SoPs
- Organizes and oversees trainings for trainers, HCWs and CHWs for provision of quality VMMC services, VMMC quality standards and QI tools and techniques.
- Strengthen the capacity of R/CHMT, trainers and mentors to be able to coordinate and cascade trainings, mentorships visits and coaching to providers (including HCWs, Peer champions and CHWs) from facilities and communities to conduct routine QA/QI activities.
- Conducts field visits to monitor the quality of VMMC services and joint supportive supervision activities using national VMMC QI tool and PEPFAR SIMS VMMC tools and establishes remediation plans as needed for core essential elements assessed.
- Develops, implements, and monitors standards for quality programming, including robust data collection on adverse events, including notifiable adverse events.
- Builds capacity among R/CHMTs, HFMTs and HCWs in priority districts to use and monitor QI standards.
- Institutionalizes QI initiatives into routine VMMC services at all levels.
- Works with program staff, R/CHMT, and facility staff to collect QI-related measures/metrics, tracking, displaying, and using them for decision-making.
- Conducts regular review meetings with project staff and partners to review program performance data and QI activities.
- Supports project M&E Lead, other technical team members, GoT, and other partners to apply QI measures to strengthen program data quality, processes, and systems.
- Lead the establishment and maintenance of the experience-sharing forums/platforms and promote scale-up of best practices and success stories. Supports the integration of QI activities for VMMC services into comprehensive council health plans to support GoT program transition and sustainability.
- Medical or nursing degree with relevant public health experience.
- Demonstrated ability and minimum 5 years of experience in the development and provision of HIV clinical training and/or mentoring.
- Demonstrated ability and minimum 5 years of experience in performance improvement/quality improvement
- Demonstrated experience in data collection and use for QI/QA.
- Expertise in implementing quality assurance systems for HIV/AIDS interventions. For VMMC will be an added advantage
- Expertise in adult learning and training methodologies.
- Thorough knowledge of WHO, PEPFAR, and national VMMC recommendations, requirements, standards, and best practices.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication, teamwork, partnering, and consensus building skills, and proven capacity to direct, develop, manage, and inspire a multidisciplinary and professional team in the Tanzanian health sector.
- Ability to prioritize among competing demands with minimal supervision in a strict deadline-oriented environment.
- Willingness to travel frequently for work within the country.
- Advanced oral and written English and Kiswahili communication skills.
Why join IntraHealth?
IntraHealth International is a global health nonprofit that has worked in more than 100 countries since 1979. We improve the performance of health workers and strengthen the systems in which they work so that everyone everywhere has the health care they need to thrive.
generate long-term social and economic impact to keep communities
around the world healthy, strong, and prosperous. And our dynamic staff
are passionate about global health and equity. We are committed to
Join us. The future of global health starts here.
IntraHealth is a great place to work. We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package, and flexible teleworking and remote work policies that reflect our focus on staff safety, well-being, and retention.
Our workplace culture
IntraHealth stands for equality, justice, and respect. We strive to be an antiracist organization that works to minimize power imbalances and increase local sustainability in global health. We aim to create and foster a workforce that reflects and contributes to the diverse global community in which we work. Join us and be part of it.
Learn more about our workplace culture: https://www.intrahealth.org/our-workplace-culture
Our COVID-19 safety measures
IntraHealth is a global health organization that knows the power of vaccines. All US-based IntraHealth staff are required to show proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 before beginning work. Those who cannot get vaccinated for medical or religious reasons can request an accommodation. This helps us keep our staff and partners safe and ensures that IntraHealth—as a US government contractor—complies with all US federal government regulations.
Equal opportunity employer
IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and requires affirmative action to ensure equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is also to include inquiry about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.
Thanks for reading Quality Improvement Advisor at IntraHealth International, Inc Tanzania March, 2023