Kilimanjaro Christian Medical University College (KCMUCo) is a constituent College of Tumaini University Makumira. The College is adjacent to KCMC Hospital in Moshi, Tanzania. The College trains health professionals for various University awards in health and allied sciences.
KCMUCo wishes to recruit competent and committed to fill the following vacant positions below...
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
POST: ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER GRADE I
- Holder of a Bachelor’s degree in Public / Business Administration, Management, Sociology, Laws (plus Practical Legal Training conducted by the Law School of Tanzania) or any other equivalent/relevant qualifications from a recognized Institution.
- At least five (5) years of working experience in a similar position at any recognized Higher Education Institution.
- Knowledge of administrative principles and practices.
- Knowledge and experience in using Student Information Management Systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills using a variety of media
- Minute-taking and report-writing
- Sound computer skills including proficiency in the use of MS Excel, Word and MS-PowerPoint.
- Ability to keep detailed and accurate student records.
- Able to exhibit a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate with staff at all levels and with students from a diverse range of cultures and backgrounds.
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise tasks to meet tight deadlines.
The selected candidate shall work in the Faculty of Medicine as Faculty Administrative Officer; and his/her duties and responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Handling of all administrative duties related to the Office of Dean of Faculty of Medicine.
- Making arrangements required to facilitate teaching, learning and assessment for students in the Faculty in liaison with the Dean, and respective Program – e.g., availability of teaching and learning facilities/materials, follow-up of classroom allocation for each programme/class, preparation of examinations venues, monitoring of Examinations timetables, etc.
- Maintaining lecturing/teaching and examinations timetables for each programme under the respective Faculty
- Monitoring of Lecturers teaching attendance in collaboration with class representatives.
- Keeping and updating students’ profiles by programme, year and gender.
- Compiling and maintaining records of examinations results (data bank) of all students in the respective Faculty
- Administering the conduct of teaching performance assessment by students in each semester.
- Maintaining and updating a list of programme and subject coordinators for each programme.
- Handling issues of part-time/visiting lecturers and External Examiners in liaison with the Programme Coordinators, Dean and Office of Deputy Provost for Academic Affairs.
- Administering students’ by-laws in collaboration with the Dean of Students.
- Preparing meetings related to the academic and administrative issues of the Faculty.
- Any other duty assigned by the Faculty Dean and other competent College Authorities.
Read Also:PRINCIPAL PLANNING OFFICER GRADE I
- Master’s Degree from a recognized University in any of the following fields: Economics, Planning, Educational Planning and Management, Development Planning and Management, Project Planning and Management, Finance Planning, and Investment, or any other equivalent qualification,
- At least twelve (12) years of work experience in a senior position in the planning unit of a recognized University/institution.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of government policies with respect to the higher education sector.
- Knowledge and understanding of integrated program planning, development, and administration.
- Knowledge of Monitoring and Evaluation of projects and Strategic Plans
- Experience in strategic and operational planning and
- Experience in Policy analysis, planning and budgeting skills.
- Skills in developing Strategic Plans
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in developing Strategic Plans
- Skills in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policies, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Skills in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Handling matters relating to planning and use of the Colleges physical resources.
- Providing support to the College’s planning processes.
- Provide guidance and develop, implement, monitor, evaluate and review the College’s Strategic Plan.
- Collecting and systematically compiling data on college activities.
- Provide assistance and advice on the need and relevance of new programmes and courses development.
- Providing insights and information about student load, admission and retention patterns and trends.
- Developing student data for planning purposes including forecasts of student intake, populations, load, and fee income.
- Devising systems to monitor student intakes on new programmes and review the programmes performance against targets.
- Finding out operational efficiency of the programme using costs and other indicators.
- Assisting in the formulation of the College annual budget.
- Preparation of estimates for capital development and recurrent budget.
- Compilation of project profiles, including sources of funding, keeping in- custody agreements with donors and monitoring reports.
- Supervision of aspects regarding financing and investment.
- Informing the College Management of educational priorities and needs and seeing that these are considered in all planning.
- Seeking advice from the various academic units in relation to planning for physical facilities, environmental resources, and the allocation of space, and making recommendations to
- Performing any other duties as assigned by the Director of Planning and Development or other competent College authority.
- Master’s degree in Instructional Technology, Educational Technology, Instructional Systems Design or other related qualifications from recognised institution plus commensurate experience in managing Virtual Learning Environments / Learning Management Systems and/or Instructional Technologies.
- At least two to four years’ prior work experience before obtaining Master’s qualifications plus two (2) years after obtaining Master’s degree.
- Knowledge of current educational technology practices, theories, and emerging trends and technologies that support teaching and
- Highly experienced and proficient with common desktop applications and learning technologies, such as presentation, multimedia, and web
- Adult education and learning management systems experience: Experience with adult learning and instructional design, and a knowledge of online or distance education programmes and learning management
- Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
- Strong organizational and time-management
- Leadership skills: able to lead the instructional technology team, collaborating with the ICT specialists and all stakeholders – College Management, Students, teaching staff (Faculty members), administrative staff who handle data related to students’ records, etc.
- Effective communicator: able to communicate well with users with different levels of experience and technical
- Good customer service skills: should have a customer service orientation as you will be engaged in solving staff members and students’ daily challenges related to the use of the learning management systems.
- Ability to use Learning Management Systems, e., Modular Object-Oriented Dynamic Learning Environment (MOODLE) is desirable.
- Ability to integrate systems and databases.
- Ability to work with senior faculty members and senior university administrators.
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic, deadline-driven, complex, team-based environment with multiple competing priorities.
- Ability to prioritize and exercise independent judgement.
An Instructional Technologist is a person who has the responsibility in providing daily support as well as keeping the ongoing operations of a learning management system stable. The Instructional Technologist facilitates technology-rich teaching and learning by providing evaluation and technical support related to the College’s online learning management system for online, hybrid, and web-augmented courses. This includes support for academic courses, self-paced learning modules, audio/video components, and other training resources for faculty, staff, and students.
The specific duties shall be as follows:
- Teaching / Instructional Design duties
- Assists in enhancing teaching and learning through the identification, evaluation, adoption, and integration of effective instructional technology innovations into the curriculum.
- Assists faculty and staff with developing courses and online learning content for various audiences.
- Assists in determining learning objectives and instructional
- Serves as a key source of support for advanced faculty and staff users of the core learning technologies, such as learning management systems, content publishing platforms, video management technologies, or interactive content creation and authoring
- Keeps track of freshly uploaded relevant courses, spot and resolve issues in courses, and help learners with any issues.
- Ensures that learning content is consistent, clear, accurate, and well organized.
- Ensures that learning content is engaging, creative, and innovative, while maintain the instructional integrity of learning.
- Assists faculty members in setting up online examinations and train them on how best they can do the same.
- Proofreads and edits individual work and work of others to improve quality, readability, consistency and effectiveness of learning systems documentation.
- Collaboration duties
- Works collaboratively and effectively with the teaching staff throughout the College to integrate student learning outcomes into the design, development, implementation, and management of instructional content, courses and projects within the College’s online learning management system to enrich teaching and learning.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships with subject matter experts and assists with the development of content that supports what students need to learn, sequencing of the content, and development of
- Collaborates with College Deans and Directors, ICT staff, and other stakeholders to create, review, edit, and share analytic reports for comprehensive evaluation.
- Partner with subject matter experts and other key stakeholders to identify learning needs, measurable objectives, and desired outcomes; design/ develop and recommend learning solutions to support learning needs.
- Partners with colleagues to manage the implementation of the existing and new teaching and learning
- Collaborates with ICT Staff to develop technical solutions to enhance performance.
- Collaborates with peers at other institutions to determine and facilitate best
- Creates and shares reports based on the learning management system with the College Management and the learning management system users.
- Technical duties
- To create, manage, and analyse learning management system metrics.
- Responsible in making sure the learning management system is always running and up-to-date.
- Performs detailed testing forall learning solutions for instructional soundness, interactive design, and functionality.
- Provides system maintenance which includes upgrades and updates, configuration, troubleshooting, debugging, backup and user access testing.
- Provides ongoing technical support to the learning management system users.
- Provides technical support for all online learning management system instructional initiatives to improve learning outcomes, facilitate technology- rich teaching and advance curricular innovation.
- Evaluates relevant emerging technologies that have potential value for teaching and learning.
- Providing advanced support for the College’s instructional technologies, including the learning management systems (e.g., Moodle and LCMS Plus System), storage and delivery platforms.
- Assists faculty members and students in using the instructional technology tools.
- Keeps abreast of new trends, tools, opportunities, and College needs in the areas of teaching, learning, and instructional technologies.
- Competitive and attractive package of salary and fringe benefits will be offered to the successful candidate.
Applications enclosing detailed CV’s, certified copies of all relevant academic certificates and transcripts, including form IV and VI certificates, and names and addresses of three referees should be sent to the undersigned on or before Wednesday, 12th April 2023.
Your application should be sent to the undersigned via e-mail at email@example.com, OR through Post or hand-delivery addressed to:
The ProvostNB: 0nly short-listed candidates will be notified and called for an Interview.
Kilimanjaro Christian Medical University College P. 0. Box 22A0 Moshi, Tanzania