Internal Audit Trainee at Access Microfinance Bank Tanzania
Dar es Salaam
Access Microfinance Bank Tanzania Limited (AMBT)
Access Microfinance Bank Tanzania Limited (AMBT) is a Microfinance Bank with very strong international shareholders.
CAREER OPPORTUNITY: Internal Audit Trainee (1 Position)
Access Microfinance Bank Tanzania Limited (AMBT) is a Microfinance Bank with a special focus on Microfinance. With very strong international shareholders such as AccessHolding, International Finance Corporation, KfW, African Development Bank and MicroVest. AMBT’s vision is to be committed to the development of financial systems that support social progress by rendering services to all people with the same ambition for excellence and quality.
Access Microfinance Bank Tanzania Limited is offering excellent long-term career development opportunities for graduates and highly motivated professional applicants. In order to support our expansion process, we are looking forward to recruit self-motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our Internal Audit Department in the position of Internal Audit Trainee.
Location – Dar Es Salaam
Ensuring that internal audit requirements are fulfilled in accordance with Internal Audit Department
Charter, Internal Audit Procedures and external legislation/ regulatory policies. This includes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist other Internal Auditors, Senior Auditors and Head of Internal Audit in performing appropriate audit tests aimed at achieving the desired objectives in auditable areas.
- Support the Internal Audit team with preparation of detailed audit preliminary documents(preliminary checklist, audit program, flow charts)
- Assist in preparation of well detailed audit observations with clear and unambiguous findings
- Assist the Internal Audit Team in reviewing the suitability of internal control design and recommend possible changes in controls for efficiency and effective operation.
- Act as a role model in terms of integrity and ethical behaviour and promotes the corporate culture of the Bank at all times
- Assist the team in applying a risk-based audit approach within each individual audit assignment and immediately notify the Head of Internal Audit or the Senior Internal Auditor when unacceptable risk is identified and propose an appropriate solution.
- Collaborate & cooperate with other departments to ensure professional responsibilities are fulfilled in an efficient manner, with due regard for the activities of those departments.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with process owners/auditees that are governed by respect and trust and manages auditee expectations.
- Inspires trust whilst respecting the need to maintain confidentiality at all times.
Desired Experience and Knowledge
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Business Administration, Auditing, Risk Management, Accounting, or other relevant discipline.
- Basic knowledge of Audit, Internal Controls and Risk Management would be an added advantage
- Pursuing the CPA/CIA/ACCA/CERM or any other recognized Auditing/ Risk Management/ Accounting certification or Master’s Degree is an asset.
- Fresh graduate from a recognized higher learning institute within United Republic of Tanzania or overseas.
How to Apply:
Applications can be made through email@example.com
Please DO NOT send applications more than once. Interested applicants can submit their application letter and CV not later than 18th February 2023.
Access Microfinance Bank Tanzania is an equal opportunities employer.