The National Institute for Medical Research (NIMR) is a Parastatal Organization established by an Act of Parliament No. 23 of 1979 (CAP.59, R.E.2002) and became operational in 1980. NIMR-Mwanza Research Centre (MMRC) is one of the NIMR Centers located in Mwanza The Centre is currently conducting research on HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis, non-communicable diseases (NCDs) as well as other diseases of public health importance. The National Institute for Medical Research is looking for the qualified, experienced and well-motivated personnel to fill vacant position to work with the PARENT APP Project. Duty station will be at NIMR Mwanza Centre.Recommended:
PARENT APP PROJECT:
NIMR is collaborating with the University of Oxford, UK and University of Cape Town, South Africa to conduct a two-arm cluster randomised controlled trial to test the effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of ParentApp (an evidence-based parenting app for parents and caregivers of adolescents aged 10-18 years) on improving parenting, reducing violence and assessing processes and outcomes which address parenting skills that promote holistic adolescent development, specifically related to executive function and social integration using a learning through play approach. The study is being conducted in two regions – Mwanza and Shinyanga in Tanzania.
DATA OFFICER (1 POST)
JOB POSITION: DATA OFFICER (1 POST)
REPORTING: The post holder will be reporting to the Principal Investigator (PI)
- To develop and refine guidelines on good research data practices, ensuring that data management is integrated with existing data collection procedures for the study;
- To maintain the hardware and software related to the study;
- To develop data management and data cleaning plans;
- To set up data monitoring procedures, reviewing and analyzing data discrepancies, managing and resolving data quality issues together with the field-based staff and other staff, and writing routine reports to the study team;
- To ensure that the data collected is of high quality and is properly stored;
- To perform complex technical work associated with the installation; configuration, administration and maintenance of server systems as well as related software and applications;
- To manage and service the server and to provide direct technical leadership in the server and security disciplines; and
- To perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- Holder of a Bachelor Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology/ or Health Informatics is required; ii. Strong management, inter-personal and communication skills;
- Excellent knowledge of server, storage and security technology and industry standard best practices;
- Ability to recognize and set priorities and to use initiative and independent decision-making skills;
- Ability to organize, direct, motivate and evaluate services team, mentor others, and foster a team environment;
- At least 3 years of work experience in data systems, programming in the health sector with health information systems.
One (1) year contract which may be renewed on annually based on performance and mutual agreement.
The successful candidate will be based at NIMR Mwanza Centre.
A competitive salary will be offered to the successful candidate as per project budget.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Application letters should be written in English;
Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts;
Applicants must attach their detailed relevant certified copies of academic certificates including form four and six certificates;
Application letters should be attached with detailed curriculum vitae;
All applications should be addressed to:
Centre Manager,The deadline for submitting the application is 22nd February, 2023.
National Institute for Medical Research (NIMR) Mwanza Centre,
Mwanza. Or through email: firstname.lastname@example.org