Global Internal Auditor
Various Global Opportunities
Department International | Finance
Location Various Global Opportunities
Closing date 23/01/2023
MSI REPRODUCTIVE CHOICES
MSI Reproductive Choices is one of the world’s leading providers of sexual and reproductive healthcare. We believe that everyone should have the right to choose. From contraception to safe abortion and life-saving post-abortion care, we are committed to delivering compassionate, affordable, high-quality services for all.
Today, our organisation has over 9,000 team members working in 37 countries across the world. Our success lies in the fact that MSI teams are locally led, entrepreneurial and results-driven, and are passionate about delivering high quality, client-centered care in their own communities. As a social business, we focus on sustainable delivery, efficiency, and funding models that are built to last, so that the women and girls we serve today will have a choice in the future too.
We know that access to reproductive choice is life changing. For some, it can mean the ability to complete an education or start a career. For others, it means being able to look after the family they already have. For everyone, it means the freedom to decide their own future, creating a fairer, more equal world.
About the Role
The role reports to the Group Internal Audit Manager and will support the development and delivery of the annual audit plan. The post holder will be expected to plan and undertake fieldwork audits, deliver reports that are clear, concise, and prepared in a timely manner, support the development of regional internal auditors, and help facilitate change management across the MSI Internal Audit function as it delivers on its performance change management agenda.
We recruit talented, dynamic people with diverse backgrounds and experiences, all united by a belief in our mission and a focus on delivering measurable results. We’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer and are committed to creating a fully inclusive workplace, where everyone feels able to participate and contribute meaningfully. You must be open-minded, curious, resilient, and solutions-oriented, and committed to promoting equality, and safeguarding the welfare of team members and clients alike.
To succeed in this role, it is essential that you have the following skills and experience:
- Strong internal audit experience (at least 5 years), obtained through practice (Big 4/Mid-tier) or industry, with a working knowledge of the IIA Standards
- Demonstrate an understanding of the approach and objectives of risk-based audits
- Perform and document key internal audit procedures e.g., walkthroughs and test of controls
- Perform data analytics and other CAATs to complement audit procedures and to provide insights
- Perform root cause analysis and evaluate audit findings and recommendations
- Demonstrate competent and effective reporting writing skills in English
- Experience of working within a large multinational corporation (MNC) or a global organisation
- Experience of performing internal audit assignments in developing and emerging market environments
- Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skill, with good influencing skills and a good track record of engaging with senior leadership in a large, complex organisation
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Willing to undertake overseas travel, for up to 50% of the time.
To perform this role, it is desirable that you have the following experience:
- Experience of working in an international, donor-funded service delivery organisation
- Experience of working in an international social enterprise, commercial organisation
- Experience of working within a healthcare or health services setting
- Working knowledge of data analytic tools like IDEA (Caseware) and PowerBI, or the inclination to learn through unsupervised, unstructured learning
- Working knowledge of AuditBoard OpsAudit or any other Audit, Compliance & Risk Management software
- Verbal and written language skills in French, Spanish and/or Arabic is desirable.
- Holds a recognised professional accountancy/audit qualification (e.g., CA, ACA, ACCA, CIA etc.)
- Educated to degree level (Humanities, Languages or Engineering degrees are highly desirable)
- Post-graduate qualification in governance and risk management is desirable
We seek exceptional individuals who are aligned to MSI’s mission and entrepreneurial mindset. You must be a strong communicator, self-motivated and solutions-seeking, committed to driving social change in an environment that measures sustainable results and impact at an individual and global level. You must be able to work effectively with and across diverse teams and be comfortable with ambiguity.
- Unapologetically Pro-Choice
- A highly motivated, self-starter who has demonstrated experience of working independently in a remote setting
- Demonstrate active engagement with team members and stakeholders, with a proactive and can-do attitude
- Demonstrate a commitment to continuous learning, professional and personal development
- Able to role-model inclusive and culturally sensitive attitudes and behaviours.
For more information about the role, please view the job framework on our website.
Location: Any country where MSI operates
Full-time: 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: Competitive – The salary will be banded within national context. Discretionary bonus + benefits
Closing date: 23rd January 2023 (midnight GMT). Interviews may take place before this date for exceptional candidates.
For internal employees applying from an MSI country programme, the role will be positioned within the existing salary structure of the country. Local terms and conditions of the country will apply.