Advisor – Sexual Reproductive and Adolescent Health
As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
The GiZ programme ‘Improving Health Care Provision in Tanzania'(IHCP) is looking to fill the position of Advisor in the area of Sexual, Reproductive and adolescent Health (SRAH).
Duty Station: Dodoma Fixed term contract
The advisor is responsible for
- managing the area of sexual, reproductive and adolescent health (SRAH) (“the area of technical expertise”) under the programme objectives, team agreements and agreements with the superior
- assisting programme initiatives to provide professional advisory services to the political partners (Tanzania Ministry of Health and PORALG), the commissioning party and related bodies, and to cooperate with a broad range of target groups in and outside of the Tanzanian government
- participation and representation of the Programme in national forums in the area of expertise (e.g., Technical Working Groups (TWG))
- innovation and knowledge management
- supporting programme management on selected cross-cutting topics as assigned by the pro-gramme manager
- Advising the partner institution(s)
- advises the partner at national level for strategic and operational documents (e.g., policies, strat-egies, plans, guidelines, SOPs) in the area of technical expertise
- contributes to preparing and implementing the coordination process, joint programme activities and work at the regional level in the area of technical expertise
- deals with the design, preparation and implementation of workshops, seminars and other events on issues connected with the programme’s areas of activity
- develops and organises quality assurance measures and suggests necessary changes, im-provements and initiatives
- Coordination tasks The advisor
- Develops, implements and monitors the implementation of operational and financial plans in the area of technical expertise, and integrates them into programme-wide plans
- coordinates programme activities with programme management and advisors in other areas of expertise, and in cooperation with the partners
- supports the implementation of work packages in the area of expertise through preparing pro-curements of services and goods as well as grant making
- monitors progress, quality assures and supports contractors and grant recipients in implementa-tion of their plans and activities
- compiles the relevant information for joint activities and assignments
Networking and cooperation The advisor
- supports cooperation, regular contact and dialogue with partners at the national and regional level in the area of expertise, incl. both actors in sexual/reproductive health and rights, as well as sexual education and empowerment
- supports Public Relations(PR) work as relates to the field of expertise
- cooperates with local communities, relevant organisations, non-governmental agencies and indi-viduals in the programme environment and with other projects to improve and maintain good working relationships in the area of technical expertise
- communicates local interests and efforts, forwards these and encourages sharing ideas and in-formation for the benefit of the programme
- Knowledge management The advisor
- ensures knowledge transfer to programme information
- develops ready-to-use strategies and technical concepts, including guidelines, manuals and pro-cedures
- draws up reports and presentation documents
- prepares appropriate input for various programme reports including annual reports, and contrib-utes to the other reports required by the programme manager and GIZ Head Office
- assists with research activities and studies on issues which benefit joint programmes.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- At least a bachelor’s degree in medicine or nursing/midwifery degree at master level with formal training in FP. A master’s degree in public health or reproductive-health or similar is an added ad-vantage
- A minimum of 6 years of professional experience in FP / reproductive health (RH) service delivery in client centred settings or any organisations
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in conducting clinical training and mentoring in FP services
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in communication approaches related to adolescent health services or youth friendly services
- at least 3 years’ professional experience in a comparable advisory position
- high level of professional and personal integrity
- proven ability for teamwork, co-creation and skill-transfer
- very good working knowledge of ICT (related software, phone, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g., MS Office, Excel)
- fluent written and oral knowledge of the English, knowledge of German is an added advantage but not a requirement
- willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
Interested candidates should send their letter of application together with the CV and copies of aca-demic certificates by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please use the subject line ‘Advisor SRAH’ Closing date for submission: 23.01.2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
GIZ Tanzania is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from all qualified and eligible candidates regardless of their gender, origin, religion/belief, disability, or any other minority group.