Finance Officer Tanzania Kibondo_ Tanzania Nationals Only
Tanzania, United Republic of and 1 more
Position: Finance OfficerReport to: Finance Coordinator
Duty station: Kibondo, Tanzania (with frequent travels to the refugee camps) Travel: 20%
Project number: TZFM2303/TZFM2301
Duration and type of contract: 12 months with possibility of extension subject to funding availability.
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization's core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
The purpose of the officer position is day to day implementation of the support functions responsibilities. Use actions words such as ensure, implement or assist for the position relevant responsibilities.
1. Implement NRC’s systems and procedures at area level.
2. Ensure adherence to NRC policies, handbooks, guidelines and donor requirements.
3. Prepare and submit reports and analysis.
4. Ensure proper filing of all support documents.
5. Support line managers in procedures and require support team trainings.
6. Supervision and capacity building of staff under supervision.
7. Ensure that the accounting, monitoring and reporting are according to procedures.
8. Support project staff in financial matters.
9. Maintain budget control and monitor cash flow for the area.
10. Ensure timely payment of staff salaries, incentives, contractors, suppliers and other expenditures.
Ensure that country Operations adhere to global and local Financial
Handbook, NRC policies, donor and auditor requirements.
2. Training of line managers and staff with financial responsibilities.
3. Prepare Budgets and financial reports to donors.
4. Verify PR/PO/BAS and vouchers and supporting documents meet NRC standards before payment.
5. Participate on procurement committee meeting and make sure procurement are made in line with NRC guideline.
6. Ensure timely payment of staff salaries, contractors, suppliers and other expenditures.
7. Review and Post financial data in Agresso on daily basis.
8. Ensure all taxes, pension & other statutory deductions are payable on monthly bases. They should be accurate and submitted timely to governing authority.
9. Monitor budgets regularly and inform/advice the Area /Support Manager on the status of spending.
10. Ensure proper filing of support documents.
11. Support in preparation of Annual and donor Audit.
12. Support Area /Support Manager and project staff in financial matters.
13. Support in the implementation of the anti-corruption policy.
All NRC Employees in Kibondo, Nyarugusu - Tanzania
Finance staff regional office
Local Authorities, TRA, banks
Scale and scope of position
Staff: (1) Finance Assistant
Stakeholders: Other peer agencies e.g. UN agencies, INGOs, local NGOs, civil society, governmental bodies.
Budgets: Nyarugusu budgets.
Information: Agresso, Intranet, NRC Workplace
Legal or compliance: National fiscal laws, taxation laws, etc.
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
1. Professional competencies
These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
Generic professional competencies:
- Minimum BA in accounting plus CPA certificate with four years’ experience working as a Finance Officer or above in a humanitarian/recovery context preferable INGO. At least two years of experience in supervising staff.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
• Strict attention to policy and practice detail.
• Very strong financial analysis skills.
• High integrity.
• Good knowledge of financial reporting systems in donor funded work specifically UNHCR.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Good cultural awareness and sensitivity.
• Ability to function independently and as a work team leader/facilitator.
• Excellent computer skills with hands on experience on computerized accounting systems; and
Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Financial software Agresso preferable
2. Behavioural competencies (max 6)
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency
Framework states 12 behavioural competencies, and the following are essential for this position:
Handling insecure environment.
Planning and delivering results.
Empowering and building trust.
Communicating with impact and respect.
Planning and delivering results.
3. Performance Management
The employee will be accountable for the responsibilities and the competencies, in accordance with the NRC Performance Management Manual. The following documents will be used for performance reviews:
• The Job Description
• The Work and Development Plan
• The Mid-term/End-of-trial Period Performance Review Template
• The End-term Performance Review Template
• The NRC Competency Framework
''Female Candidates are encouraged to apply''.
Salary: According to NRC's Salary Scale.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across more than 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions,
Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health,
safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have
procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to
take away all risks.
About the Team
NORCAP solves key challenges in the humanitarian, development and peacebuilding sectors, in order to better protect vulnerable people’s lives and rights. We build partnerships and projects with national and international organisations and stakeholders. Skilled NORCAP experts contribute to developing partners’ capacity – to identify and address challenges, improve collaboration and encourage new and innovative approaches. NORCAP is part of the Norwegian Refugee Council.
Job Identification 9332
Job Category Finance
Posting Date 01/16/2023, 11:02 AM
Apply Before 01/30/2023, 11:01 AM
Degree Level Bachelor's Degree
Job Schedule Full time
Thanks for reading Finance Officer at Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) Tanzania January, 2023