Technical Officer, Girls Education Program
Technical Officer, Girls Education Program at Room to Read January, 2023
The Technical Officer- GEP is a key role to support the successful design, review, and redesign of Room to Read’s Girls’ Education Program (GEP) signature and technical assistance models for Kibaha, Chalinze, Handeni and other Districts that will be covered as per GEP strategy 2021-2024.
The Program Officer will primarily be responsible for contextualization, review of program materials and support capacity building related to GEP Signature and technical assistance interventions which focuses on key GEP components of Life Skills Education, Mentoring, Family, School and Community Engagement, Materials support, and Alumnae.
This position also provides technical support for other GEP components and activities, including contributing to overall program development, Government engagement for system level change, guiding program implementation, training, insights for monitoring & evaluation, general planning, and project reporting. Regular interaction is required with other Room to Read staff, education officials, partners, school administrators, teachers, parents, and students. This position reports to the Manager, Girls Education Program.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support the Program Manager to review and contextualize Girls’ Education Program content and professional learning materials for Tanzania
- Assist GEP technical department in the development of GEP blended model for future use.
- Support Program Manager to improve professional learning materials and conduct trainings to fField Program officers, and Social Mobilisers on contextualized program contents.
- Provide technical oversight to Field Office GEP staff and Social Mobilizers (SMs); including providing on-going capacity building, on-site coaching, and technical support as required to address issues of overall program implementation quality.
- Participate in Proposal development for funding various components of the GEP program, as needed.
- Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation, Reporting, DocumentationProvide technical expertise to the Country Research, Monitoring & Evaluation (RM&E) team to support design and refinement of monitoring and evaluation systems and procedures used to track progress against planned program outcomes
- Participate in development and review of annual program goals and budgets to ensure alignment with organizational strategies and priorities.
- With support from RM&E team, Monitor and collect feedback/best practices on GEP programs, including conducting regular field visits
- Participate in the annual Budget and Planning processes for the GEP program
- Prepare and share technical Program updates and recommendations to the GEP Program Manager to inform program improvement
- Assist PM on documenting and share best practices with the global audience as needed.
- External Coordination, Advocacy and NetworkingSupport in the development and reviews of Government engagement activities which will result to adoption of Room to Read frameworks into Government system.
- Support in the developing and maintain relationships with the Education Partners and stakeholders in supporting Girls Education in Tanzania including representing Room to Read at relevant meetings and events as needed.
- Liaise with and explore opportunities for knowledge sharing with NGOs, experts, and institutions involved with girls’ education to inform program improvement and scale up mission.
- Participate in any other activities, which may be required to be undertaken to fulfill the objectives of the organization.
- University degree in a related field (Sociology, education, gender, social work, community development).
- 3 – 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Prior experience in contextualization (adaptation, translations, design, and training facilitation).
- Prior experience coaching or supervising others.
- Good interpersonal skills and a team player.
- Strong organizational and planning skills, including the ability to monitor progress of program implementation.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously and take initiative.
- Prior success working closely and building relationships with diverse groups of people including the Government institutions in Tanzania
- Desire and ability to spend a quarter or more time traveling and providing direct support to Girls Education Program (Coaching and monitoring)
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- Fluency in the local language.
- English fluency.
- Prior success working closely and building relationships with diverse groups of people
- Effectiveness in working or volunteering in a non-profit organization that is focused on maintaining high quality work and low overhead
- Prior experience in a fast-paced, growth-oriented global or regional organization
- Proven track record of achieving results
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously and take initiatives.
- Report writing experience
Room to Read offers competitive pay with excellent benefits. The non-monetary compensation includes a unique opportunity to be part of an innovative, meaningful, and rapidly growing organization that is changing transforming the lives of millions of children in developing countries on literacy and gender equality in education.
Room to Read is a Child Safe organization.
Tanzania – Main – Dar Es Salaam
To be successful at Room to Read, you will also:
- Have passion for our mission and a strong desire to impact a dynamic nonprofit organization
- Be a proactive and innovative thinker who achieves results and creates positive change
- Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness
- Embrace diversity and a commitment to collaboration
- Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment