Assistant Team Lead – Purchasing
The School of St Jude
Want to work for one of the largest charities of its kind in Africa? Are you an excellent communicator? Can you source equipment, goods and services while managing vendors? Would you call yourself a master negotiator and attentive to details? Does it sound like we’re talking about you… Keep reading!
The School of St Jude is a pioneering leader in charitable education within Africa. Every year we give 1,800 students with free, quality education, 100’s of graduates with access to higher education and provide more than 20,000 government school students with quality teachers. St Jude’s is funded by generous supporters from around the world who make our mission of giving bright, poor Tanzanian students a free, quality education possible.
Who are you
- You are a natural leader with robust communication and negotiation skills.
- Good at managing a team effectively and efficiently
- Ability to work well under pressure and to react with common sense and urgency if required, to solve purchasing problems whilst thinking on your feet
- Hard working, focused, patient and tolerant
- Possess strength and drive, patience and tolerance and practicality whilst being efficient
- You go to sleep at night dreaming about how to improve your department and upskilling your Team
What you’ll do
- Assists in overseeing the purchasing of food, services and supplies at various locations around Arusha on a daily basis for all campuses
- Assist the Purchasing Team Lead in preparing and implementing tenders as need arises
- Assist the Purchasing Team Lead in conducting risk assessment and coming up with internal control measures on inventory management and entire procurement processes.
- Assist the Team in creation, amendment and implementation of policies and procedures within the Procurement department
- Assist with overseeing and conduct general shopping as required for other divisions in the School
- Sourcing competitive suppliers based on quality, price and efficiency for all sections of the school
- Assist in procurement audits in accordance with internal controls and general professional procurement practices.
- Conducting regular supplier reviews to ensure value for money and quality supplies.
- Ensuring that all Purchasing data are captured and processed accurately on a daily basis before submission to the Purchasing Team Lead.
- Assisting the Team Lead to create contracts where appropriate while managing the goods receiving process in all campuses
- Ensuring all purchasing requests are completed within an appropriate timeframe as per procedure
- Ensuring all accounts and other documentation is clear, concise and completed in the agreed timeframe
What we’re looking for
- A Bachelor’s Degree in procurement or in supply chain and logistics.
- CPSP certification as recognized by PSPT Board (T), will be an added advantage.
- Computer skills: Ms Excel, Ms Word, Internet, knowledge of ERP systems would be an added advantage
- Strong communication and negotiation skills both oral and written
- Sound record keeping and administrative skills
- Demonstrated experience in purchasing
- Demonstrated competitive drive and strong orientation for results and achievement
- Demonstrated professionalism and strong presence in interactions with others
- Accountability and consistency
- Integrity, effectiveness and responsiveness
- Value for money and fair-dealing
- informed decision-making and transparency
- The opportunity to use your talents and expertise to fight poverty through education and make a positive impact in Tanzania
- A flexible and supportive community of international and local employees
- Ample opportunities for career progression and development
- Mid-morning tea and lunch (during working days)
Are you interested?
Send your cover letter and an up to date Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line must include the reference number: TSOSJ/HR/ADM/FM/01/23)
Applications close on 31st January 2023, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.