- Drive the implementation of approved HR and Administration policies to ensure efficient management of human and material resources in the Company.
- Ensure adherence to approved best practices in HR & Administration policies, procedures, and processes and instil the Organisation’s culture and values in all staff.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee the implementation of Dangote Cement Plc (DCP) and Dangote Cement Limited, Tanzania (DCLT)’s approved HR and Administration programs in the Company.
- Communicate DCLT’s overall objectives to subordinates and ensure mutual understanding of roles, responsibilities, and accountabilities in the Company.
- Articulate the department’s plans, ensuring alignment with country-wide programs and objectives.
- Oversee the use of approved systems/ framework to support recruitment, learning and development, career and performance management, labour relations, compensation & benefits’ activities in the Company.
- Resolve HR issues in the Company and escalate to the Plant Director or CEO as may be necessary.
- Oversee collation of staff vacancies in the Company, verify and forward to relevant Head Office department.
- Provide guidance on the implementation of approved career and performance management practices in the Company.
- Assume overall responsibility for timely payment of all contract and temporary staff in the Company.
- Monitor periodically to ensure maximum participation in scheduled training activities for Company employees.
- Drive the implementation of a first-class maintenance and management culture for all office and residential buildings in the Company’s portfolio.
- Monitor to ensure conformance of the Company’s facility management practices to approved Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) policies and procedures.
- Conduct periodic inspections to examine the conditions of the Company’s facilities and ensure that maintenance contractors adhere to agreed Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Drive the implementation of the organisation’s fleet management and operations plan to meet current, emerging and future transportation needs.
- Oversee the Company’s fleet (official and pool vehicles) to ensure optimal usage and functionality and minimize vehicle downtime.
- Perform periodic checks to ensure the relevant security controls are in place in the Company.
- Escalate administrative issues to the Country CEO or relevant Head Office function for speedy resolution.
- Manage the department’s budget and approved expenditure as defined in the manual of authority.
- Obtain information from unit heads on HR and Admin activities, review and collate for periodic management reporting.
- Perform other tasks as may be assigned by the Country CEO or Group Chief HR Officer.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in a Social Sciences or related discipline.
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years relevant work experience with at least four (4) years in a senior management position.
- Masters in Business Administration or Postgraduate degree in Human Resource Management or a related discipline will be an added advantage.
- Professional qualification in Human Resource Management e.g., Senior Professional in Human Resource Management (SPHRM) will be an added advantage.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations, and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- Sound knowledge of DCP and DCLT’s business operations, products, and service offerings.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in Human Resource Management principles, processes and techniques covering areas such as organisation development, manpower planning & recruitment, learning & development, performance & career management, leave management, compensation & benefits, reward & recognition, issues resolution, retention & exit management etc.
- Deep appreciation of local and global industry Human Resource Management best practices.
- Strong strategic planning and execution skills.
- In-depth understanding and hands-on experience in HR strategy implementation.
- Good understanding of employee/industrial relations, as well as an appreciation of the dynamics of the labour and employment legislations in the country.
- Knowledge of relevant applications to support HR and administration operations.
- Strong leadership and people management skills.
- Sound communication and networking skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Decent business writing skills.
- Good supervisory, coaching, and mentoring skills.
- Robust ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Strong proficiency in the use of MS Office tools.