Job Vacancies at NMB Bank December 2022
Job Tittle: Zone Systems Administrator – Fixed Term (2yrs) (1 Position)
ob Location :
Perform daily maintenance, monitoring and support of NMB working tools at Head Office and branches, quality assurance of work done by suppliers and service delivery that meet and exceed business and customers’ expectations (availability, recoverability, security and continuous improvement).
- Daily and scheduled maintenance of Branch user working tools ( Desktops, Laptops, Teller Printers, MFP’s, Desktop Printers, Flatbed scanners, Cheques Scanners, CCTV gargets, Agri-vouchers scanners, forex boards, Note Machines Counting, Sorting, Banding & Strapping Machines), Electric power systems (Generators, Uninterruptible Power Supply – UPS, Stabilizers, Inverters, Solar / Wind Power systems, etc.), Self Service terminals (Onsite & Offsite ATMs, Branch POS terminals, Merchant and Agents POS terminals, etc.).
- Perform daily morning checks for all the branches within your zone to and resolve/escalate all the problems that require maintenance.
- Updating and maintenance of Asset Management database, current inventory, disposal process and managing the life cycle of branch working tools every six months.
- Resolution and closure of support working tools incidents and problems logged into Service manager from branches/head office ensuring SLA(s) and customer expectations are met
- Attendance of all planned maintenance activities such as preventive and corrective maintenance of working tools.
- Supervise vendors (Quality Assurance) on site when conducting planned and unplanned maintenance of working tools to ensure quality of the completed job (good workmanship) at the shortest possible duration to avoid unnecessary delays at a minimum disruption of customer service and cost effectiveness.
- Ensure that daily, weekly, and monthly statistics, status reports, and graphical aids are completed and continually modified to meet the needs of the department.
- Provide first-aid / basic troubleshooting training to two Branch IT Champions that will be identified at every branch. The Branch IT Champions will be the first contact points for Zone Systems Administrator regarding all ICT systems incidents and problems.
- Escalate and closely follow-up with Second level support (respective Head Office ICT section), and 3rd level support (system vendors) for all branch IT systems incidents and problems which cannot be resolved by him / her.
- Daily follow-up to ensure that all PCs and laptops are protected with latest NMB standard security controls
- Planning and carrying out all his/her duties in the area (branch visits, etc.) in good order of priority and cost-effective manner
- Prepare and submit the list of obsolete, end of life equipment and computers for donation quarterly. Ensure all items are rechecked to avoid disposing equipment that are still fit for NMB. Facilitate the sign off from the zonal level.
- Responsible for installation and configuration of ATMs and monitor the performance/UPTIME of zone.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Technical knowledge of banking IT systems used in branches.
- Ability to work in a fast-changing banking service environment.
- Ability to provide basic user training to branch staff.
- Ability to provide basic technical training to branch IT champions.
- Strong knowledge on head office working tools and other computer peripherals
- Commitment to the values of integrity, accountability, transparency, scientific rigor and drive
- Positive self-esteem, confident, good oratory and communication skills.
- IT systems troubleshooting skills.
- Must be committed to self-development and be enthusiastic about acquiring new skills and embracing new technologies
- Time planning, organizing and logistics skills
- ICT Service Management skills (ITIL) will be added advantage
- Networking skills (CCNA)
- Ability to work on own initiative and be a self-starter, prioritizing work with minimum supervision and work under pressure.
- Ability to quickly understand new technologies’ benefits and how these may impact current business practices.
- Ability to present technical data in a comprehensive, yet clear manner.
- Technical interaction with vendors, contractors, and other stakeholders
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in ICT engineering discipline.
- Certification in any IT systems (e.g., Cisco, Microsoft, etc.) will be an added advantage
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience in banking IT systems support.NMB Bank Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
Application Deadline is 20th December 2022.
Job Tittle: Head; Credit Administration (1 Position)
To lead, develop and manage the Credit Administration unit in order to maximize team and individual performance with a view to maintaining a robust controls and framework in the post approval fulfillment activities for the bank loan portfolio.
- Manage the overall performance and people agenda in Credit Administration Unit [CAU].
- Identify and drive development and training initiatives to ensure that the capability of CAU staff is continually improved.
- Develop a highly motivated team maintain excellent relationships with own team and wider teams to ensure achievement of business goal.
- Help identify training needs and provide coaching to all members of the CAU to improve performance and productivity.
- To create awareness Team members on policies, CAU procedures and regulations.
- Champion and execute smooth change management including continuous process improvement
- Ensure CAU activities and importance is communicated to the wider business (peers and senior management) and consultation during changes in policies and procedures at business levels.
- Ensure full compliance, provide oversight as well as monitor the implementation of various consumer protection requirements across the Unit.
- Ensure the highest standards of post approval fulfillment/ monitoring and control through formulation and implementation of consistent policies and processes across the Credit Admin unit.
- Ensure knowledge and best practice sharing across the CAU.
- Responsible for personal adherence to governance, compliance, and lending portfolio control. Ensuring own conformance to policy and procedures within the specialist lending function, including proactive management of agreed responsibilities for data integrity.
- Work closely with the credit teams to understand the lending portfolio and risk capabilities and to identify gaps or weakness in the post sanction process; work in conjunction with the relevant teams to formulate plans to close the gaps.
- In charge for Monitoring & Control of live loan portfolio (pre-NPL) to assure adherence to term & conditions of sanctions identify any areas within the portfolios that are the cause for concern / potential cause for concern
- Act as the source of technical excellence and point of reference in relation to risk matters for the entire credit cycle.
- Manage the maintenance / improvement of the administration quality of the Portfolio (as detained in the CAU operating manual).
- Maintain interactive relationship with Branches, Analysts, Legal and Relationship Managers to ensure rectifying the outstanding issues.
- Quarterly review of the corporate credit key risks and their mitigating controls through effective KRI tests
- Own and monitor the achievement of agreed targets for risk performance measures by the CAU team taking corrective action where applicable.
- Responsible for the rectification and documentation of any recommendation arising out of Audit / Assurance reports on Credit.
- In charge with all post approval activities around structured facility /CMA Loans, work closely with the network and credit to ensure that Review of Operational Memorandum, drawdowns and releases and monitoring of all structured loans are done.
- Effective management of the facility limits (loading, amending & cancellation) to ensure that published limits are in line with the latest sanction and accordance with the operational process and procedures.
- Management of maintenance review & follow up of a complete diary system detailing deficiency & deferrals/loan repayment dates/ excesses clearance dates/ dated securities and Covenants.
- Management of the financial covenant and internal Risk Trigger Monitoring systems/ data regarding its integrity of capturing, advising, and escalation of overdue and failed/ breached covenants.
- Manage, prepare & review post approval check list.
- Liaise with the legal team regarding the documentation and changes to the standard commercial and standard terms and conditions.
- Improve quality of audits and act as the point of contact for both internal and external auditors.
- Monitor the syndicate of loans (repayment of installments, interest, conditions with the agent/ participant banks.
- Ensure that maker checkers concept across CAU processes is carried out without deviation
- Ensure team’s adherence to NMB data privacy policies
- Oversee the team’s Business Continuity plan (BCM) and periodic testing.
- Ensure a consistent quality of service to CAU stakeholders
- Support Credit Administration service and delivery in line with business needs
- Work in partnership with colleagues and proactively anticipate, respond to, and seek to exceed the expectations of customers.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Expert knowledge of commercial banking credit risk operations, credit analysis and control
- Knowledge of operational risk and rigor processes tools and practices.
- Proven ability to run a service operation, managing often conflicting priorities.
- Detailed knowledge of corporate Business and risk products, policies, procedures and services
- Working knowledge of local regulations related to lending
- Awareness of products and services offered in the market
- Proven people management skills and team leadership
- Ability to communicate effectively across range of stakeholders in Sales, Risk and Operations
- Problem solving and decision-making skills
- Innovation and change management skills
- Quality high standards and controls.
- Computer literacy
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Banking, Finance, Business, Economics, Mathematics / Statistics,
- Post graduate degree or professional qualifications e.g., CFA/ CPA is preferred
- At least 10 years in Credit Risk Management
- At least 5 years of leadership experience
- Previous experience of working in a reputed financial institution’s corporate/ commercial sector in the risk function.NMB Bank Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
Application Deadline is 15th December 2022.
Job Tittle: Project Manager; Technology Projects (1 Position)
To supervise all technology projects and the activities of vendors and suppliers, including developing effective programs to meet operational and legal requirements.
- Define project scope, objectives, approach, controls, acceptance criteria and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management through organisation of project definition workshops and subsequent production of the project initiation document.
- Develop project plans with a comprehensive list of all envisaged activities, milestones, deliverables and their corresponding ownership.
- Facilitate definition and approval of business requirements
- Facilitate development and approval of business cases
- Estimate resources, budget and participants required to achieve project goals and motivate for their allocation
- Divide the project into logical work streams and assign ownership to relevant departments
- Negotiate with senior and executive management for allocation of relevant resources from their respective departments
- Establish relevant project governance and communication structures for all designated projects
- Chair the project working committee and act as secretary of the project steering committee for all designated projects
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion
- Liaise with project stakeholders on on-going basis.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Manage project risks, issues, dependencies and assumptions by ensuring proper recording, assignment of ownership and timely escalation to appropriate level of management where necessary
- Monitor progress against project plan and institute corrective measures in the event of any deviations
- Facilitate development of the testing strategy and plan; development of test cases and scenarios and facilitate training of the testing team
- Recruit test managers and supervise their work throughout the acceptance testing stage; organise availability of relevant testing resources; Plan and manage all logistics associated with the acceptance testing phase
- Facilitate a project closure workshop and ensure lessons learned are identified and used to improve future practices
- Develop and agree with relevant stakeholders on appropriate project benefits management framework and subsequently oversee a smooth handover of the framework to the designated benefits manager
- Ensure an effective maintenance and support model is established and handed over to those responsible for its operation
Knowledge and Skills:
- Understanding of banking processes and business process re-engineering.
- Understanding of banking operations.
- Experience in implementation of banking systems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to work under high pressure environment.
- Good verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Experience in multi-national cultures and working styles.
- Excellent report writing skills
- PC literate with excellent working knowledge of all relevant project software.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Holder of a University Degree in Information and Communication Technologies (ICT), Project Management, Management Information Systems (MIS) or related field.
- Certification in one of the recognized project management methodologies e.g. PRINCE, SCRUM, PMP, etc. SCRUM certification will be an added advantage
- Sound Project Management background and practical application in a busy large corporate setting with at least 4 years’ experience.
- Experience in working with development teams, understanding of software development lifecycle and software development costing will be added advantageNMB Bank Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer