ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of Northwestern Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s Southeast of the nearest point of Lake Victoria.
The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Clerk 3 – Warehouse
Contract type & Duration: Specified time contract
Department: Supply Chain
Re Reporting to: Senior Supervisor Warehouse
Number of Positions: One (1)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
To control and be responsible for daily Safety, receiving, transfer,
storage, record keeping, issuing, and housekeeping activities as
directed. Maintaining equipment (forklift, tele-handler, and trucks) to
ensure it operates safely and effectively. Ability to handle heavy
materials by moving them with machines. Operate equipment safely and
effectively for Warehouse activities. Ensure that equipment are
maintained in good and safe working condition. Inspect equipment to
identify any replacements, malfunctions, and repairs. Concentration,
decision making, attention to details, machine and trucks problem
solving, teamwork, and able to act quickly when a problem arises while
driving heavy Warehouse machines and
- Certificate of Secondary Education (CSEE).
- VETA Trade Test Certificate on class “C” and “E’ driving competencies.
- Possess valid Tanzanian Driving license.
- Three years (03) working experience on driving trucks and Warehouses activities.
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Offloading delivery trucks and Containers and de-crating containers loaded with various items for the mine, posting of receipt for the verified cargo into SAP system to generate GRN.
- Tallying and Physical verification of delivered cargo against manifest and purchase order and delivery documents and assisting in preliminary quality checking.
- Posting of receipt for the verified cargo into SAP system to generate GRN.
- Confirm items descriptions and quantities against the GRN with handing over of materials to Warehouse from Receiving Warehouse.
- Issue out directly purchased materials to end users as specified on transaction records according to GGM issuing procedures.
- Transferring all receipted items from receiving warehouse to satellite warehouses as per GGM procedures.
- Offloading and loading of vehicles for the purpose of receiving and distributing of items to the satellite Warehouses and end users.
- Receiving and verifying items against GRN on the arrived items from Receiving Warehouse ready for binning.
- Binning items to the respective locations and storing the under ideal conditions.
- Issue materials as specified on transaction records according to GGM issuing procedures (printing of picking slips, picking of items from bins, actual posting and handing over goods to end users).
- Identify potential stock-out situation and report to your supervisor as well as checking inabilities.
- Daily check of accuracy of items and updating bin locations where necessary.
- Conducting Cycle Counting, Perpetual Stock take & Annual Stocktaking, then give report to Supervisor for data capturing and eventually adjustment.
- Stacking, binning, and storing of materials as per GGM standard operating procedures.
- Initiating the Non-Conformances and reporting the same to Material Engineers.
- Ensure sequential filling system for all transaction records and reports are maintained and achieved.
- Ensure housekeeping and cleanliness in the Warehouse is up to standards so maintaining housekeeping practices.
- Maintaining Environmental, Health and Safety policies as applicable to your area of responsibilities. Daily identification of hazards and conducting TAKE 5 for every task performed.
- Basic Warehouse machine operation for the warehouse daily activities (Forklifts of 3Tonne and 4Tonne)
- Machines operation for the warehouse daily activities [Forklift (3Tonne, 4Tonne plus 10 tonnes and IT-Volvo) as well as Telehandler]
- Light Trucks (LT) operation for transporting materials within our warehouse as it is done daily.
- Machine operation other than forklift, telehandler, IT-Volvo and trucks for example Reach Stacker etc. etc.
- Maintain equipment to ensure it operates safely and effectively, preparing machinery for daily use, inspecting machinery for safety issues, and training other employees.
- General forklift driving to include off-loading and loading, moving stock/pallets from staging areas to trucks and from trucks to staging areas and around the Warehouse for binning, rotating stock, positioning stock in racking, picking items from mezzanine store and loading vehicles.
- Maintaining equipment (forklift) to ensure it operates safely and effectively. Ability to handle heavy materials by moving them with machines.
- Operate equipment safely and effectively for Warehouse activities. Ensure that equipment are maintained in good and safe working condition.
- Inspect equipment to identify any replacements, malfunctions, and repairs.
- Assisting in general activities in the Warehouse by carrying heavy items as and when required as well as stock management, documentation etc.
- Concentration, decision making, attention to details, machine and trucks problem solving, teamwork, and able to act quickly when a problem arises while driving heavy Warehouse machines and trucks.
- Carrying out any other task or duty, of similar nature to receiving, storing, issuing and stock control as instructed by your supervisor.
- Certificate in Materials Management is an added advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate ideas effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Experience in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) is an added advantage.
- Experience on driving Light Trucks in big Warehouses is an added advantage
MODE OF APPLICATION:
- Please apply through our recruitment portal by following the link below. Please click the link or type the URL address on a website browser to access the application portal.
- On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources”, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Clerk 3 – Warehouse”
- If you struggle to apply via the link provided, please head over to our website https://www.geitamine.com/en/people/ for a step-by-step guide on how to apply for jobs on our recruitment portal (SuccessFactors).
- You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
- Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
- Applications should reach the above on or before 27th December 2022 at 5:30 Pm
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
NOTE ON COVID-19 PREVENTION:
- Please note when you are invited for interviews, you will be required to present proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (Covid-19 vaccination certificate) or if you are not vaccinated, please go for a Covid-19 test and obtain a 96 – hour valid PCR Covid-19 negative certificate.
- You are also advised to adhere to all recommended prevention measures including proper wearing of face masks and washing or sanitizing your hands before you are allowed through Geita Gold Mine entry points.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing email@example.com or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com