Administrative Assistant at COCOWAETA November, 2022
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
1 Front Desk Administration
· Welcome and greet all visitors and ensure that they sign the visitors Book.
· Ensure that all visitors are correctly referred and attended to and that at all times there is someone at the reception.
· Answer/redirect telephone calls, taking messages, receive/assist visitors and ensure that the Switchboard is manned at all times
· Maintain reception information/literature, man fax and general email service and handle unsolicited requests for employment
· Keep the reception area tidy and welcoming during office hours
1.2 Mail Administration
· Liaise with the Driver in charge of the mailing function and administrate the weekly courier. Receive and distribute mail accordingly. Monitor the stamp usage and charge personal usage.
· Acknowledge receipt of all incoming mails, register the same and channel to responsible official for action.
· Coordinate distribution of various publications and monitoring tools sent to the sits via Field office
1.3 Secretarial Duties
· Create appointments for Programme staff that are out of office and follow up with all parties to confirm.
· Maintain the Staff Movement board at the reception to ensure that the daily whereabouts of staff are recorded.
· Maintain general notice board.
· Send & receive faxes
· Take minutes/putting together report on staff meetings, present draft to Finance & Administration Manager and circulate final copy to all staff, filing copies for reference.
· Carry out other secretarial duties as assigned by the Finance & Administration Manager, which may include: Maintaining contact database, maintaining resource library, hotel and air reservations, drafting letters, program report consolidation, and other duties as needed and appropriate.
· Do filing for staff, as requested.
· Conference booking for organization activities in collaboration with the Project Accountant and as advised by Program Manager.
1.4 Office Equipment
· Oversee the use and maintenance of the office equipment including the photocopier, fax, binding machine to ensure that they are in working order and arrange with Project Accountant for their repair and maintenance
· Maintain/update field staff travel Advance Register
· Maintain/Update Vehicle monitoring Register
· Ensure that all Checks issued by organization are dispatched to vendors and obtain appropriate receipt thereof.
· Assist with updating the office Inventory system
· Any other routine finance-related duties assigned by the Project Accountant.
· Coordinate staff leaves in liaison with HR/Program Manager
· Coordinate office cleaning and maintenance
· Prepare Admin weekly status reports and send to Project Accountant
· Prepare monthly staff attendance reports and send to HR/Program Manager
§ Diploma in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance and with 1-3 years’ relevant experience; or in similar field with 3-5 years’ relevant experience.
§ Ability to work with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff of assistance.
§ Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and sound understanding of the needs of KVP.
§ Work independently with initiative to manage high volume workflow.
§ Routine coordination with COCOWAETA employees, consultants, on-site and in the field.
§ Must have report writing skills and be able to communicate with impact.
§ Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and handle pressure situations.
§ Handle quantitative information with accuracy and precision
§ Resourceful in gathering information.
§ Must exhibit high levels of professionalism, integrity and ethical values at all times.
§ Excellent organizational, time management and interpersonal skills
§Time management skills, both in planning and organizing work to meet deadlines
Biomedical Technical Officer (BTO)
Biomedical Technical Officer (BTO) at COCOWAETA November, 2022
Biomedical Technical Officer is responsible for provision of technical oversight and direction of project biomedical services. He/she is required to collaborate with the Program lead team to provide technical assistance on the provision of Key and Priority (PP) Population – focused HIV prevention, HIV Testing and Counselling (HTC), combining Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) services, HIV Self-Testing (HST), Family Planning (FP), and linkage to Care and Treatment Services. This include provision of guidance, monitoring and technical assistance on biomedical services to government/ certified health providers at all program councils
Main duties and Responsibilities
· Lead Biomedical services in collaboration other project staff, implementing partners and other key stakeholders.
· Train and mentor government/ certified health providers and CHMTs to address their attitude and belief towards KVPs, as well as improve the capacity of providers to deliver biomedical services.
· Work closely with senior level counterparts at the CHMT, Districts or Council care and treatment partners, and other government and non-governmental partners to advance HIV biomedical prevention for key and vulnerable population in the implementation council.
· Ensure the operationalization of the National Guidelines for Comprehensive Package of HIV Interventions for KVPs
Coordinate and Monitor the timely implementation of biomedical services
i.e. Mobile HTS, Index Testing, PrEP, HIVST and Regency Testing.
· Participate in the development of monthly service plans based on the mapping reports and the SBCC POs’ guidance to guide effective roll out of demand creation and biomedical service activities.
· Supervise and provide technical support to government/ certified health providers, assess biomedical activities and their integration into the other program services
· Liaise with the DACC and DRCHCO to ensure the daily availability of biomedical supplies at the service delivery points
· Monitor implementation plans, performance and progress to biomedical targets
· Ensure the dissemination of national policy, standards, and guidelines on KVP, PrEP, HIVST and HIV programming at the council level
· Document experiences, prepare program and site visits reports, presentations, briefs and articles/success stories
· Work collaboratively with other project team members to ensure accountability mechanism, assess progress to targets and quality of data submitted
· Assist with the identification of professional development needs for government/ certified providers and other field staff.
· Performs other related tasks as required by the organization.
Education and Experience:
- Qualification: Medical or nursing degree or equivalent
· At least 3 years demonstrated experience working in areas of biomedical HIV prevention including: HIV care and treatment (required), HIV counseling and testing services, and Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH).
Knowledge of health and development programs in Tanzania including
familiarity with the national KVP, youth and gender guidelines,
standards and protocols.
· Experience in programs serving KVP and addressing gender norms. Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and sound understanding of the needs of KVP and other vulnerable groups.
· Experience in working with LGA, NGOs, CBOs and health facilities to implement public health projects, especially those working with vulnerable populations.
· Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
· High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication.
· Well-developed computer skills.Fluent in speaking and writing English and Swahili
Mode of Application:
Interested candidate are to submit their motivation letter and copy of the latest CV indicating their preferred work station. The subject line of your job application email should indicate the position that you are applying for; your CV must include the contact information (email address and telephone numbers) of three work-related traceable referees. All application should be addressed to the Governing Board, P.o Box 4, Mahenge. Morogoro through the email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications is 1700hrs, 20th November 2022. Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted for further processes.
NOTE: COCOWAETA is an equal opportunity employer. The organization does not discriminate individuals on the basis of race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability and genetic information.